A little Jodi update

I haven’t posted in a while…Jodi and i are doing great! I love this little feathered thing to bits!!! She is just such a cutie pie and she makes me laugh like you cannot believe. I love to just sit and watch her, she does the cutest things and i love to watch how she explores and learns and how she takes things in. She is so clever and she learns so fast.She spends most of the day outside of her cage and she is either on the couch with me or up on her parrot stand (she lets me know when she wants to be where). She loves to burrow when she is on the couch with me, and i was wondering if this is normal behaviour? She isn’t too noisy, i had read that OWA’s could be noisy birds, but she really isn’t…but i think she is still finding her voice…she has moments where she can be quite vocal and she can get quite loud. I encourage her when she makes noises, i like hearing the new sounds she makes. She really likes to sing along with songs on the radio and she does this especially when we are in the car for some reason!She sleeps in her cage, and she goes in there when i have to go off to work or something like that. She used to hate it, but i think she has learnt that the cage isn’t somewhere she goes for a long time and it isn’t used as a punishment in anyway! She likes to go to her cage to eat, i usually put her skewer of fresh fruit and veg in there and she will go in and eat a bit and then she comes and stands at the door of her cage when she has had enough! She eats like a champion and i leave a very big variety of food in her cage for her…she gets her cooked mix (which she get’s fresh everyday), then she gets her fruity bits (which are pellets made from dried fruit) - these are nice as they are thin pellets and some of them are long enough for her to hold and nibble off of, then she always gets a fresh skewer of fresh fruit and veg and she usually eats everything that is on there, and if i want to introduce anything new to her then i put it on the skewer as she will give it a try then, and then when i can find them i leave her some pommagranates in a bowl for her as she loves them, but she only get’s them once a day (they are quite pricey here)! She absolutely loves blue berries and she really enjoys the pommegranates, those are her favourite!Hope you are all doing well! Much love to you and your flock from myself and Jodi!

Great update on Jodi! I’m glad to hear that everything is working out so well.Mine aren’t Amazons, but my guys surprise me and make me laugh every day. I can’t imagine a day without a ‘Hi buddy’ when I get home or a ‘See you later’ whenever I leave the house. They are the best companions I’ve ever had before.

Glad to hear you and Jodi are doing so well.

Tandi wrote:Jodi and i are doing great! I love this little feathered thing to bits!!! She is just such a cutie pie and she makes me laugh like you cannot believe. I love to just sit and watch her, she does the cutest things and i love to watch how she explores and learns and how she takes things in. She is so clever and she learns so fast.I could say the exact same thing about my Amazon! They’re amazing birds. I don’t find mine (yellow crowned) to be intolerably noisy. He’s very vocal and he’ll go on and on sometimes and can be quite loud but his vocalizations don’t bother me at all. Their kind of loud and other birds’ kind of loud are completely different IMO. He makes more general noise than my conure does but I can’t stand the conure’s high pitched shriek. Glad to hear things are going so well with Jodi!