Ads like this break my heart!

Earlier today I did something that I rarely do, and I looked at Kijiji adds for lovebirds. Recently I’ve seen a decrease in ads that I’d find ‘cruel’ so I was surprised to find this today.THREE lovebirds and such a SMALL cage! It simply breaks my heart.It upsets me when people buy pets and treat them with such little respect. The fact that these are parrots only make it worse. When I buy a pet, I adapt to It… it doesn’t adapt to me.It is likely that these birds are going to lie out the rest of their life in their cage. It’s just frustrating.

http://montreal.kijiji.ca/c-pets-birds-for-sale-3-inseparables-avec-leur-cage-3-lovebirds-with-cage-W0QQAdIdZ447911264

Our local Kijiji and indeed animal welfare standards are pretty gross for sure.Seeing as Quebec is the puppymill and animal abuse capital of Canada There are so many birds in Montreal and other areas in this province who need homes/are impulsively bought or bred or are being kept in substandard or outdated conditions.

Grey_Moon wrote:Our local Kijiji and indeed animal welfare standards are pretty gross for sure.Seeing as Quebec is the puppymill and animal abuse capital of Canada There are so many birds in Montreal and other areas in this province who need homes/are impulsively bought or bred or are being kept in substandard or outdated conditions.I got Cassette from Kijiji, but he was a special case. He was only 6 months old and taken care of decently.I wish that these people would give these birds to the SPCA, but then they wouldn’t get money for them.

I’m heartbroken when I go to any mall in Poland and I see something like this:Yes, those are the birdcages, on the right (the slightly bigger ones) you can very often see 3 or 4 lovebirds in one cage like that. And they live there since they get to the store until they are bought by some parrent for their loud and annoying kid (I prefer parrots to kids )…Worst thing is that also very often the cages are nest to the shopwindow and the parrots are being constantly scared by stupid people tapping on the glass (even thou there are signs not to) Once in one of the stores they had a ring-necked parakeet - she was a real beauty, they’ve put her in a bigger cage (still waaay smaller than Kura’s one ), but she was still exposed to screaming children etc.I am really happy that I got my little monster from a nice parrot store (actually they guy also sells other exotic animals) - before we got him, he had enough place to play with his two siblings and the other birds had enough space as well