African Grey Scam

Hi, My name is Magdi and I’m new to this forum, I would like if anyone has any info on the following sites as scam or legit please share it with me.
I’m interested to get a CAG companion but had some bad luck before with scammers and there is no one close by in my state that I can visit in person and see the birds, so online is a viable option for me now.

The first site called Afro Birds Farm, they operate out of Canada
the website is: [https://www.afrobirdsfarm.com]

The second one is called Hassan Breeders Farm out of Atlanta, GA
the website is: https://hassanbreedersfarm.com/

Any feed back will be truly appreciated.
thanks

I wouldn’t trust either. The first link has an African grey for $500.00, that is sketchy. I would volunteer at a bird sanctuary and if you still really want one I would get a personal reference from someone at the sanctuary.

1 Like

thank you so much for your assistance, appreciated. What drove me to these online sites that I’m currently retired and have two sons in collage, hence, I do not have much funds left to go for the $2.5 K for a CAG baby and the initial cost between a decent cage and toys, food, … would be around $1000. so when I did my internet search these sites came up and I vetted some of them to be scams but these two site I could not find any other reference to them. Thanks again for your help

1 Like

Yup, not a problem! Honestly, if money is an issue I would look for a different type of bird that may be cheaper to care for. Greys need a large cage, toys, food, vet visited, etc and it can get pretty expensive. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Michael. recently I followed on of you post for birds that need home and I’m looking now at CAG from two rescue centers near me, one of them is about 2-3 hours drive, the other one is about 40 minutes. Anyway, I would like your expertise on advising me on adapting an older parrot, say 10 to 20 years old, besides some behavioral issues is it a good idea to adapt an older bird, reason I’m asking is that one the bird shops employees told me that she will never adapt an older bird for a lot of reasons. What’s your thoughts on that. Thanks a lot. Magdi

Michael-6 parrots, here-4 greys, cockatoo, conure

Never

had a cockatoo

1 Like

welcome to the forum :slight_smile: you said you never had a cockatoo but it h

sus-Friend gave me her ACG 25 years old. Now, 28 years. She didn’t say much-but, they pick up from others
They had a contest-who could do the best kitty meow
Nicki won
She is the 28 year old

Who got to you?
Had Grandma scam, here
Supossed to be grand daughter
She in jail-wants money, sent
B/S
Was not her
U never know, sus

Huh? We are going to have to ban you

@magdi did you ever get a CAG companion?