Alice from New York

Hi! My name is Alice. I’m from New York but currently reside in coastal Georgia. I have owned birds my entire life and currently have 4 macaws, an African Grey, and an Umbrella Cockatoo. All of my birds except for my Blue-throated macaw are rescues. I also keep a variety of reptiles, snakes, and arachnids. I work mostly from home and probably always will, as my pets take up a large amount of my day. I have a B.A. in Zoology and have worked at quite a few zoos as well as aquariums. Happy to be here, and I’m extremely happy that this site is functioning well on mobile :slight_smile:

1 Like

omg! you have a huge family! welcome to the forum. I look forward to seeing you around :slight_smile:
one more question: how do you keep all your babies separated!?

1 Like

Thank you! As far as keeping them separated goes, I only have one that likes to explore independently and that is my Cockatoo. Everyone else will usually stay on their own perches unless I move them. I have a huge room that they all stay in at night, and I’ve not had any issues so far. Mildred (cockatoo) is the only one that needs to be caged at night, or she will chew my house down.

2 Likes