Am I being impatient..?

It’s been over a month of trying to find a gcc baby… I was so hyped before because I had an arrangement with a breeder. After a few weeks of waiting, she decided to sell her only green cheek right away to someone else with a deposit in hand. I must say I feel a bit betrayed. Now I’ve been waiting on a different breeder from a different province, and from her attitude I sense she would rather find people in her area, even though I’m the first to inquire about the clutch.Sigh… I’m looking EVERY DAY!

Not a decision that should be rushed. When you consider how long they live, a few months give or take to get the right one is well worth it! It took me over six months between contemplating getting an African Grey or Cape Parrot and actually receiving Truman. Maybe even longer.

Hahah I bet it was quite the anticipation for you. I’ve had my eyes set on a gcc since before I got my cockatiel. (Although I did consider other species and such in the meantime) Now that I know I can definitely handle this bird with no problem, I’m ready to jump in for more!

Sorry you’re having a hard time finding your GCC baby. If you do find another breeder you might want to consider putting down a deposit and ensuring you sign a contract of some sort.Much like Michael, I started thinking about getting a third parrot at the beginning of 2010. I spent a few months researching different types of parrots and finally decided that I was content staying within the poicephalus type. I became aware of Kylie’s existence in late May / early June last year and took a few weeks to consider before I even inquired with her owner and expressed my interest in adopting her. To make a long story short, I took the time to visit Kylie several times over the summer and finally brought her home in October 2010.I probably got Lucy and Jessie too quickly and recognized that when I was looking for a third bird and wanted to make sure I was making the right decision this time. I know you’re anticipating eventually bringing your new baby home, but in the end it will be well worth the wait.

The answer to the question is "Yes". But understandably so.

I know the feeling well GlassOnion. When I lost Tucker, my cockatiel, my initial reaction was that I was done with birds for a while. But after a few weeks of walking past the empty cage I couldn’t take it any more, so I started looking for a new Fid. It took some research into species for me to decide, then needed to find a breeder, as I did not want one from a pet store. I was initially looking for a GCC myself, then stumbled into the Maroon Bellied and it seemed to “click”. When you make the right connection with the right breeder, you will know it.From my research, there seems to be more breeders in BC than in Alberta (could it be the cold? Hmm…)Have you seen this website at all http://www.parrotplace.ca/conure.htm ?I am not sure what your transportation options are in BC, but this may give you some other options for contacts. This is the website I used when I found Merlin’s breeder. Hope it helps!

http://www.parrotplace.ca/conure.htm

However long your wait, no matter how excrutiating it seems, it will be worth it in the end. It took me a long time to decide on the type of parrot I wanted, and after I decided on an Amazon it took a long time for me to decide which species. Finally, after I found the species I wanted it took an even longer time to find the right breeder. After a lot of dead end conversations I finally found the right breeder. After I found the right breeder we had a lot of long phone conversations and many emails back and forth and finally they had a nest of eggs. Months after that my little baby boy was finally on a plane on his way to me! Looking back, it took a very long time and I hated every minute of it. Once I finally had him settled into his cage I was wishing I had more time to to learn about all of the new things I realized I needed to learn! The main point of my long story is to be patient. The wait will be over before you know it, and the majority of the members on this forum have been in the exact same place you’re in now. You can post to your heart’s content and learn as much as you can from the other member. We’ll be here every step of the way

Aww, you guys are awesome! I’m patiently/impatiently waiting to see what lovely soul will be the ‘one’. Oh yes parrotplace is really the only site I’ve been obsessively digging in, as it has the best aggregate of active breeders around. But since I’m an instinctive believer in fate, I feel as though all I need to do is wait, research, research even more, and wait!! Ehehe… When the time comes I’ll cover this board with the news!