Any Hahn's Macaw owners here? How much do they cost?

I’m courious of how much they cost. I’m courious of A LOT of things. And so is my budgie. So I’m wondering from your experiences, how much do Hahn’s Macaws cost?I’ll even throw in a nice comment about you . I know you want a nice comment!THANK YOU

I’ve seen some from 500 and up to 700. They are pretty much macaws in a smaller packet. (pouch, box, package, baggy?) They have the same personality and spunk, but are known to be a bit nippier. Really, I heard they are just smaller macaws, hence the fact many affectionately call them mini-macaws.

parrotsareyay wrote:I’ve seen some from 500 and up to 700. They are pretty much macaws in a smaller packet. (pouch, box, package, baggy?) They have the same personality and spunk, but are known to be a bit nippier. Really, I heard they are just smaller macaws, hence the fact many affectionately call them mini-macaws.Thanks sssooo much!Now I curious why my budgie pecking his reflection!

Oh and heres your nice comment:You are the most wonderful person!

HiA friend of mines mother has a Hans McCaw, who was handraised but a little less tame than he was at first, the whole family works long hours so they dont train him as much as they could. They currently have three small dogs as well as 3 cats but they are about to get a spaniel puppy very soon.I have been trying to talk to my friend about how she could help her mom with the McCAWS Training and wellbeing but she is not really a bird person which fustrates me. I am explaing to her about the things i do with my parrot to inspire them to do more with their MCCaw, obviously i cant interfere because its not my parrot but i’d like for their whole family to enjoy the bird more and i suggested clicker and target training within the cage to my friend explained about this forum as well so she knows i am not making up the things that i think will work with the Hans Macaw.Althouth i think their MCcaw might be going through puberty which is a whole other issue, hes abit unruly lately but i explained about the hormal insue so they will cut him some slack

spiral wrote:HiA friend of mines mother has a Hans McCaw, who was handraised but a little less tame than he was at first, the whole family works long hours so they dont train him as much as they could. They currently have three small dogs as well as 3 cats but they are about to get a spaniel puppy very soon.I have been trying to talk to my friend about how she could help her mom with the McCAWS Training and wellbeing but she is not really a bird person which fustrates me. I am explaing to her about the things i do with my parrot to inspire them to do more with their MCCaw, obviously i cant interfere because its not my parrot but i’d like for their whole family to enjoy the bird more and i suggested clicker and target training within the cage to my friend explained about this forum as well so she knows i am not making up the things that i think will work with the Hans Macaw.Althouth i think their MCcaw might be going through puberty which is a whole other issue, hes abit unruly lately but i explained about the hormal insue so they will cut him some slack Yes! Clicker and Target Training is the way to go!A clicker is just a secondary rienforcer used to help develop tricks with their parrot. If you teach your parrot tricks it creates a special bond between them and their parrot. And please show your friends mom this website so they can used the guide to tame and train their parrot when they aren’t working: http://trainedparrot.com/Taming/The target stick is just an ordanary stick chopstick use for training. If you know how to tame and train a parrot please do that to their parrot if they don’t know.

http://trainedparrot.com/Taming/

Skip wrote:parrotsareyay wrote:I’ve seen some from 500 and up to 700. They are pretty much macaws in a smaller packet. (pouch, box, package, baggy?) They have the same personality and spunk, but are known to be a bit nippier. Really, I heard they are just smaller macaws, hence the fact many affectionately call them mini-macaws.Thanks sssooo much!Now I curious why my budgie pecking his reflection! why thanks

Hi again skip I have described to my friend how to train the parrot from what i have learned here, i will show her the webiste thanks very much. My friend works with me but i cant just invite myself over to train her moms MCCAW to their house.id train it myself but my physical disability means that would be quite hard because i have not got full use of both my hand and i am in an electric wheelchair. However i did suggest they targret train him with his cage. with his favourate treats. i am doing my best.

Good for you trying to help them spiral!

My plan was just to get them really extra enthousastic about their bird so they dont forgett why they wanted him him in the begining! i am going to loan my biggest parrot book to my friends mom, to see if that helps cant do any harm, and its not intusive or pushy