Anyone else had a nightmare involving their parrots?

So this is getting ridiculous. I’ve had TWO nightmares about my parrots this week.Monday: I was driving with both Nika and Diggy and decided to do some shopping so I parked and left them in their travel cages in the car. Presumably I thought it was safe. I returned and my car was gone! The car had been towed. By the time I was able to get to the tow yard both parrots had died of heat exhaustion. I was so distraught. :[Last night: The owner of my company came over to my apartment (for some reason) and asked to play with Nika. I remember being hesitant but he persuaded me. He handled her so roughly that she broke her wing and I remember blood began to seep out from under her wing onto her pretty feathers. I was mortified!I must be stressed about something. I haven’t had nightmares in years. Weird dreams yes, nightmares no…

Those are terrible dreams! I am kind of prone to nightmares; I’d say I have them on average once a week and usually when I get them I wake up off and on all night and when I fall back asleep the nightmare just continues. Some of these nightmares are about my birds getting hurt or flying away; I’d say I have nightmares involving my parrots maybe once or twice a month.

Only nightmare I have is forgetting to count my birds before I sit down. Huge phobia of sitting on my babies. My two budgies are bad about crawling under pillows or sometimes getting into my work boots. The Mulga just insists on running around my feet while i walk around the house, though that can be fixed by simply picking her up and placing her on her throne atop my shoulder.

I never had a nightmare about my budgie, just day stress. the only nightmare i get lately is a lemon in a satchel winning a race in space and starting a reign of doom. ehem. never mind. and Dasphatness, your Mulga is adorable!

Yes, I randomly have dreams about my birds escaping out the window. Every time I have it I have to get up and check they are ok.

I had a nightmare that my birds got their wings clipped and it was too late to take it back.

pionus wrote:I never had a nightmare about my budgie, just day stress. the only nightmare i get lately is a lemon in a satchel winning a race in space and starting a reign of doom. ehem. never mind. and Dasphatness, your Mulga is adorable!Once I get my camera repaired I will record some of this birds antics and post up. Worth a few laughs I’m sure!

yay! she sounds SO wonderful!

…just last week I dreamt that we were overcome with zombies and the first thing I worried about was how to escape with my bird…plus in the nightmare I also had a blue budgie like the one I use to have many years ago named Sweetie…well, I thru mu U2 and my the little fella in a large black hefty bag and ran for the hills…OMG!!~~how silly, but all I could think about was saving them>>>& of course my dog just followed at me heals…I woke up sweating like I had showered…scarry stuff…

I have always had nightmares about forgetting to feed my pets, and I find them dead…starved to death. It’s a horrible dream, and I have it every few months.