Anyone else having problems?

Ever since Sunday PM i’m having trouble connecting and staying connected to this site only, it’s as if someone doesn’t want me here.And after reading some of the threads on here i’m not sure this site is what i thought it was when i first read the discription of the forum.It’s too bad , the biggest losers are the poor birds and their uninformed new owners.Is the true purpose of this forum begining to surface ?Hate and ignorance make poor bedfellows, I think i would be ashamed to see my name attached to some of those post. I’m undecided on participating futher,Richard

Try deleting your browser cookies. That should help the page load. And I hope you decide to stay!

There was some maintainence yesterday so I couldn’t connect off and on.And after reading some of the threads on here i’m not sure this site is what i thought it was when i first read the discription of the forum.It’s too bad , the biggest losers are the poor birds and their uninformed new owners.Is the true purpose of this forum begining to surface ?Hate and ignorance make poor bedfellows, I think i would be ashamed to see my name attached to some of those post. I’m undecided on participating futher,RichardI understand what you’re saying, Richard. And I am also cringing every once in awhile reading some of the threads. I’ve also waited for your response to some of them as I think you and I may be similar in our views; but, I think you’re wiser than I am and have kept your mouth shut.Would be sad to see you go. I’ve contemplated it, but there are some people here that I’ve really taken a fondness to. And I can’t keep up with a forum that has 10 pages of “posts from today”. PM me as to where you’re hangin’ so I can cyber stalk you!

Hate and ignorance make poor bedfellowsI completely agree with you. People need to grow up.I haven’t had any problems connecting to the site though, but there was a topic posted yesterday saying there was going to be maintenance, and that some people may need to reboot their computers.Personally, I’d hate to see you go. Both you and patbunny add a unique view to the forum, being breeders and all.

zazanomore wrote:Personally, I’d hate to see you go. Both you and patbunny add a unique view to the forum, being breeders and all.I totally agree. It’s nice to hear about rehomed or rescued parrots, but sometimes I like to get a viewpoint from a breeder. Their insight is incredibly helpful, even if you don’t agree with breeding birds.

patdbunny wrote:Would be sad to see you go. I’ve contemplated it, but there are some people here that I’ve really taken a fondness to. I know I haven’t been here too long and I will echo everything you two said, but I value you guys and others who are helpful and friendly. I don’t have any bird friends or even acquaintances, so this is my only birdy socialization and information resource The way I see it, no board’s gonna be perfect. I’ll learn what I can from the civil conversations and do my best to turn a blind eye to the… ehm… less than civil. All in all you guys have been great and an amazing resource to a relatively new bird-owner like me. Thank you!!

relatively new bird-owner like me. LyzGrace - OH PU-LEEZ! That would be like my kid saying she’s new to birds! And I mean that affectionately.

patdbunny wrote:relatively new bird-owner like me. LyzGrace - OH PU-LEEZ! That would be like my kid saying she’s new to birds! And I mean that affectionately. Haha, okay, I’m not a new bird owner, but definitely a new sole-caretaker-of-owned-bird!! Don’t have Mom here to remember to change paper and water bowls for me

patdbunny wrote:There’s plenty of breeder bashing out there. But there’s nothing but support for the owner who “just can’t handle it anymore” due to problems they allowed to develop. Now this poor bird is officially in the “rescue” category! That irritates me to no end. Just a couple threads down in the taming or whatever section, someone is bringing home a senegal that’s being rehomed because it’s too noisy while the husband is watching tv. Seriously? That’s a reason to rehome a bird? How about we start rehoming children because they’re too noisy during tv time? At least you’re only really stuck with the kid for 18 years. The bird you bought can live for 30+. I like you two breeders in particular because you’re really honest about the birds you have. You don’t try to over sell them and make them into something they’re not. A lot of places, including some rescues I’ve seen, do just that. It’s nice to read a real viewpoint from someone that’s raising these birds.