Anyone know what Mutation?

Does anyone know what Mutation Rocko is click picture to see full

Its ok people told me on the Talkcockatiels forum he is a pearl pied

It’s not a he, it’s a she.

Pajarita wrote:It’s not a he, it’s a she.How do you know its a she ive been confused about the gender the people on Talkcockatiels seem to think hes a boy since hes losing his pearls and he does male behaviour and not female behaviour.and I also think hes a male

The size of the yellow marking on her face and the pearls present after juvenile molt.

Pajarita wrote:The size of the yellow marking on her face and the pearls present after juvenile molt.Like I said the pearls are dissapearing in the mutation pearl pied it can take years for all the pearls to go.

Yes, it can take two and even three adult molts but you are talking about a super exception to the rule, vary rare birds that show up once in a blue moon and the chances of a bird that has a female yellow patch on its face be one of those exceptions is infinitesimal.

Pajarita wrote:Yes, it can take two and even three adult molts but you are talking about a super exception to the rule, vary rare birds that show up once in a blue moon and the chances of a bird that has a female yellow patch on its face be one of those exceptions is infinitesimal.Im saying theres still a chance he could be male because only males lose their pearls and most males sing although females can too and males do the heart wings and Rocko has only had his first adult moult.

Hearts wings mean nothing and hens vocalize if they don’t have a mate so neither is proof it’s a male. Next time you take it to the avian vet for a check-up, have it DNA’d and find out for sure.

Pajarita wrote:Hearts wings mean nothing and hens vocalize if they don’t have a mate so neither is proof it’s a male. Next time you take it to the avian vet for a check-up, have it DNA’d and find out for sure.Actually if they sing all the time and they do male bahaviour then it could be male I never said its 100% correct anyway im getting him DNA tested.