Are parrots allowed to the Zoo

Are pet birds allowed to the Zoo I would love to bring Rocko.

I asked the Zoo they said no pets are allowed Rocko would have loved it very unhappy maybe ill bring him to the park instead

Of course they are not allowed! And the reason is potential contagion, same as allowing your bird to interact with any other bird, pet or wild.

Pajarita wrote:Of course they are not allowed! And the reason is potential contagion, same as allowing your bird to interact with any other bird, pet or wild.Yes I know I understand why. you dont need to use the exclamation mark lol so would it be a contagion for you to interact with another person or would the other person catch a sickness from you just an example lol to show you I understand why Rocko cant go to the Zoo because he could pass something onto the animals.

Yes, of course I could catch a contagious disease from another person, that is EXACTLY what contagion is and how people get sick.

Pajarita wrote:Yes, of course I could catch a contagious disease from another person, that is EXACTLY what contagion is and how people get sick.I said the person would catch a contagious disease from you but its the same

The biggest difference is that many of the contagious diseases that a bird could get and/ or pass on tend to be fatal or incurable. So please be careful with Rocko and don’t miss any of his checkups.

Wolf wrote:The biggest difference is that many of the contagious diseases that a bird could get and/ or pass on tend to be fatal or incurable. So please be careful with Rocko and don’t miss any of his checkups.I never miss his checkups

Great, thanks, I am very happy to know this.