Avian Influenza

This might end up being more than a rant than anything, but I’m scheduled to fly home for the holidays this weekend along with my too. This means taking a flight to Toronto, driving to the border and staying in a hotel for the night until we can cross the border the next morning. Today I called to schedule inspections with USFWS and the USDA vet and found out that due to an outbreak of HPAI in BC, the US is restricting entry of birds from Canada effective last Friday. I just had to apply for an additional permit that may or may not be approved in time for us to cross the border. Luckily I always call more than the required 72 hours in advance otherwise I would have been SOL. Between the regular USFWS fee, the hotel and his plane ticket, and this new permit fee my too better start looking for a job! The things we do…

Does your 'too have any special talents that he could use to get a job? Perhaps he could do parrot impersonations? Michael’s Senegal did a Doritos commercial.

Wolf wrote:Does your 'too have any special talents that he could use to get a job? Perhaps he could do parrot impersonations? Michael’s Senegal did a Doritos commercial.I immediately googled parrot Doritos commercial and it did not disappoint.I’ll have to start putting his resume together. He does have a strange obsession with Poland Springs bottled water, my mom wanted to get him into a commercial for them years ago. We’re also flying WestJet to Toronto, maybe he can be their new mascot.

You had to buy him a ticket?There is a Too, Snow flake or Snow ball, who does commercial and raises money for the shelter he is in. There is even a Japanese commercial.

liz wrote:You had to buy him a ticket?There is a Too, Snow flake or Snow ball, who does commercial and raises money for the shelter he is in. There is even a Japanese commercial.Well there is a fee to bring a pet in cabin. It’s not a ticket really since he doesn’t get a seat, but essentially it’s the same thing. If I had a carry on and a personal item it would be free, if your personal item happens to be an animal there is a charge.I have seen Snowball! MB is a better dancer though.