Aviator Harness

Rocko is much more used to the harness now and he dosent bite it unless he gets bored so im thinking is it ok to have the harness on him in the house while im waiting to go out because im going out with my mam and Rocko is coming so would it be ok to have it on him while im waiting to go.

I would practice indoors until the bird is reasonably comfortable with the harness and then focus on going outside. First in the backyard, then front yard. Nothing much at first. Let the bird take in the surroundings. Once you start getting outside, the bird will be attentive and have less inclination toward "boredom" chewing.

Michael wrote:I would practice indoors until the bird is reasonably comfortable with the harness and then focus on going outside. First in the backyard, then front yard. Nothing much at first. Let the bird take in the surroundings. Once you start getting outside, the bird will be attentive and have less inclination toward "boredom" chewing.Oh hes been outside lots of times I started out in the backyard ive never brought him out in the front yard though and hes been in shopping centers and all and stepping up for strangers and stuff and I make sure they approach him properly ive also went to the pet store with him.and im on my summer holidays so soon when he learns flight recall I will bring him to the park I have been trying your method on flight recall but he wont fly a little gap but he flies around the room lol and hes target trained thats the way ive been doing it.

Also he will only wave when hes on his training stand how can I get him to do it when hes on my hand would I just have to teach him.

Yes, that is all it is, a matter of training, however to get ahead of the curve I would train him to do it from several different surfaces. The process is the same as you used to get him to wave in the first place.

Wolf wrote:Yes, that is all it is, a matter of training, however to get ahead of the curve I would train him to do it from several different surfaces. The process is the same as you used to get him to wave in the first place.Ok I will try getting him to do it in different surfaces thanks.

Here is Rocko doing some shopping lol

Explore Brandon Faustino