Bandit's Thread

Hi all! I’m Toni and I am a proud new mummy of a GCC! He’s 1.5 years old and I got him from a rescue. I know that he’s been pretty well looked after as he’s super friendly and happy to climb all over you. He’s also in super condition. He’s still slightly weary of my hands but I’m just letting him do as he pleases and come and go from me to his cage as he likes to reduce stressing the little mite out. He’s only been here 24 hours after all. So far we have discovered he’s a thief and likes stealing keys off keyboards and I wear false eyelashes… he like to try and pull those off too. I thought I’d give him his own little thread for pictures and updates on him and how he’s settling in Here are the latest pictures of him.Will keep you all updated on the little guy!

He can see that the eyelashes are not real and in his mind do not belong there, so he is happily trying to remove them for you. They are little thieves and if you have things that you want to keep it is good to put them in something that he can’t get into.

Wolf wrote:He can see that the eyelashes are not real and in his mind do not belong there, so he is happily trying to remove them for you. They are little thieves and if you have things that you want to keep it is good to put them in something that he can’t get into.In addition to this they are obsessed with being clean, any weird or foriegn object in their feathers is straight away preened out, so he probably thinks he is doing you a favour I will look foward to seeing your updates

They’re great little birds.

Congratulations on your new family member! What a cutie! I recommend ordering a keyboard cover off of eBay or Amazon- we did so and my GCC has done a LOT less damage since then .