Becoming a "bird person"

You know, it’s funny… I never really considered myself much of a “Bird Person” until I got my lovely B&G Chica.I mean sure I’ve had birds before, I’m an animal lover of ALL creatures through and through… but until my new experience with Chica I haven’t really had a true “bond” with a bird before. Now I’m finding myself babying and arranging my schedule around the bird every day. Even my boyfriend, who isn’t really an “animal person” just adores Chica and on more than one occasion I’ve caught him being silly and trying to get her to dance despite him telling me he "doesn’t mess with the pets"What is it with these creatures that brings so much intrigue?I find them beautiful, not just their colors but the incredible physiology of birds all around just astounds me. They are a creature so perfectly designed to fill an ecological niche. Flight in itself is something that we humans can only barely comprehend when you start to figure the amount of strength required to power against the grip of gravity to gain altitude… birds make it look so easy.Their incredible range in emotion & intelligence is something that we do not observe in too many species. While dogs are great in that they’re always happy to see you, a parrot’s trust and companionship must be won. I find myself having to work harder to read the bird’s emotions in order to avoid being bit, or take advantage of her excitement for training, or enjoying a nice quiet cuddle just before bed time.I hate to sound Cliche’ but I have to admit… bringing a bird like this into my home has really “changed my life” in a sense.

I’m same really,I havent always been a bird person. It has been more of a slow build and now I’m fascinated with them more than ever. I love their intelligence and how every single one has a different personality. I think all species do but some are more obvious, even my hamsters were all totally unique but a person only just meeting them probably wouldn’t realise that straight away until they got to know them. I love the diversity in species, some small, some large and not forgetting the medium sized birds. I respect the power of their beaks in order to survive in the wild and their ability to fly. I just want to learn as much as possible about them.

Birds are one of the most perfectly engineered animals on the planet, their beautiful colors, incredible personalities, their capacity of flight, is just something we’re really privileged to have on earth.

DanielA wrote:Birds are one of the most perfectly engineered animals on the planet, their beautiful colors, incredible personalities, their capacity of flight, is just something we’re really privileged to have on earth. So true Daniel!I love everything about them, and consider myself so lucky to have found a neat little bird to have around.