Birds have traditions, too

This study is about songbirds and their songs but I am sure that parrots have them, too. The only thing I did not like was that they say that ‘smarts’ are not needed for traditions as if birds were not smart - which we all know is NOT true!https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2 … 094815.htmAs an interesting note, with song-bred canaries, at the show/contest, when they are judging their songs, any bird that sings exactly like a previous champion is automatically disqualified.

Getting drunk and driving around the city with foreign flags flying and horns blaring is a tradition here during the World Cup, so I support the notion that smarts aren’t required for traditions!

Navre wrote:Getting drunk and driving around the city with foreign flags flying and horns blaring is a tradition here during the World Cup, so I support the notion that smarts aren’t required for traditions!LOL

Well, in my personal opinion, anybody who gets all ‘het up’ about sports has very little smarts so you won’t get an argument on that from me!