Birds on a Saturday Morning

Rocko and Loki in the shopping centre and Cute Rio and Wasabi

Explore Brandon Faustino

They are beautiful but just think of how many people have touched that rail.I don’t take mine in public places.

liz wrote:They are beautiful but just think of how many people have touched that rail.I don’t take mine in public places.Thanks it would be very unlikely for someone to touch it as theres no need to touch it.

I would not be so concerned with how many humans may have touched the rail as far as my birds health goes as not many diseases are transferable cross species from mammal to avian.

ParrotsForLife wrote:liz wrote:They are beautiful but just think of how many people have touched that rail.I don’t take mine in public places.Thanks it would be very unlikely for someone to touch it as theres no need to touch it.My dear, if you could reach it to place the birds on it, other people can, too. And whether their touching it is necessary or not is not the point, children (the greatest carriers of bacteria on the planet) touch EVERYTHING so the danger still exists. I have a friend who lost all her budgies, all her canaries and half her tiels to a e-coli infection (something very commonly found on handrails, door knobs, etc in public places).

Well it appears that there is more to be concerned about the rail than I thought, but like Liz, I don’t take my birds into these situations any way.

Pajarita of course everybody can touch it its not a rail its just glass just a barrier so you dont fall off the second floor so theres no need that people would touch it.And it would be the same as me touching their cage,toys etc.

Yes, it would be the same but I hope you wash your hands thoroughly after you go to the bathroom - something that not all people do and which children never do correctly - this is not my opinion, it’s a fact proven by studies and tests - see this: http://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/yuck-8- … he-mall/4/

Pajarita wrote:Yes, it would be the same but I hope you wash your hands thoroughly after you go to the bathroom - something that not all people do and which children never do correctly - this is not my opinion, it’s a fact proven by studies and tests - see this: http://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/yuck-8- … he-mall/4/I know how to wash my hands correctly thank you.I never touch handrails either lol and neither do my birds.

Excuse me, while I have nothing to say about your hand washing or about whether or not you touch handrails, you did just post a picture that shows that your birds do touch handrails. I don’t know about their hand washing, but they do touch handrails. LOL.