Budgie Flew Away (well I lost it in the tall grass)

my awesome budgie just flew away. He just jumped into a pile of tall grass on a hill next to a river. It’s been hours since I seen him. I take him outside everyday. He stays on my finger or shoulder all the time. He was screaming when I took him off my shoulder once. I don’t understand because he’s not so tame. He probably half tame. Who knows what he’s doing. I feel like crying now!!!

Why did you take it outside? Budgies are too small for a harness, they always need to be in a secure carrier.You can try putting its cage outside and luring it back with some millet.

I am sorry your budgie has flown away, the poor bird is now lost and alone. But why did you take an untethered/uncaged bird outside? That is just asking for this kind of thing to happen and now it has. Like I said, I am sorry your bird is gone but!!!

You, sir, are an idiot. Clearly you didn’t know that birds fly from instinct. Because of your stupidity, your poor Budgie now starves to death.Do not ever get another bird.

He just killed his bird. Right, my condolences. You throw your toddler in a lake. Oh, you didn’t know they can’t swim… No big deal.

Whoooooo hoooooooo I have now found my bird!!! He’s still in good shape but pretty hungry I found him yesterday. And for those who called me an idiot, think again.

GlassOnion wrote:You, sir, are an idiot. Clearly you didn’t know that birds fly from instinct. Because of your stupidity, your poor Budgie now starves to death.Do not ever get another bird.Dude seriously, If you cared you would feel bad for me and my bird. I found him again!

You still took him outside KNOWING that this could happen. Congratulations for finding him, but please… do NOT ever take him outside without a carrier.

Accidents can always happen, even to owners who try extremely hard to do everything right and double or triple check themselves.Your budgie is very lucky and at the same time very unlucky.Do you not understand what the things are that makes a bird…a bird? Your budgie is helpless without an owner caring for it. You took an unnecessary risk and put your pet’s life in danger purposely. Don’t do this again.