Can I take my conure to Spain

I whant to take my conure to Spain in my moterhome dose any one ells take there’s and do I need to tell anyone. I know that my dog tilly needs her passport what do I need to take Gorge my conure

I am afraid that I am not much help here but I do know that there are a lot of regulations that need to be complied with. I have never taken a bird out of this country and really can’t tell you where to start. There are a few people on the forum that have experience in this area so maybe they will reply to help you with this.

Im just waiting for replies lol I wouldn’t be able to go away again without bringing at least one of my birds.And we are planning on going to Disneyland in Paris in the summer and Mango would he a good choice so the tiels would have each others company.

Depends on the policies of pets and international travel in your country. Some places will require a quarentine period for a certain amount of days. If you can drive there in a motor home though, it might be possible. What country are you living in? It’ll help to know their policies in traveling with birds, as well as Spain’s policies.

What do u mean a quarantine period I know what quarantine is obviously lol but do you mean they have to be quarantined somewhere else?

Yes, that’s exactly what I mean. They take them to a place, I’m not sure what kind of place, but they keep them there to make sure the animal is healthy and all. If it’s not healthy, than you can’t take your pet with you. This can be for as little as 30-40 days, or as long as 90 days. It depends on the policy of your country, though I’m not sure where you would check that.Am exception for this would be registered service/emotional support animals, but even then, what you may be able to do while you’re there could still be limited, depending on the laws of the country in question.

Everything depends on the laws of the country you are going to, in this case, Spain. I tried to look it up on their website but all I found was for dogs and cats and those require a microchip and an international health certificate that is only good for 10 days. But, usually, for birds, they require the bird can be proven to have been born in captivity (close leg band), that it’s free of any and all contagious diseases (needs to be tested and get a special vet certificate) and, unfortunately, for parrots, most countries usually have a quarantine period (the bird is kept in an animal control facility for a pre-determined period of time) - this is because parrots have zoonotic diseases that could give false negatives in the testing.

If I had to leave my bird somewhere for as long as that I wouldn’t bring them and I wouldn’t go without them either way they would still be gone from me for a certain amount of days.

yosserhughes1 wrote:I whant to take my conure to Spain in my moterhome dose any one ells take there’s and do I need to tell anyone. I know that my dog tilly needs her passport what do I need to take Gorge my conure Depending on how long you will be in Spain, I would probably find someone to baby sit he/r. Because once you quarentine George to get into the other country, I am pretty sure you will have to do it again to get him/her back out.

Yep. It doesn’t pay to take a bird out of a country for a vacation. You can do it with dogs and cats (although I would think nobody would move a cat for a vacation) and I am almost sure you can do it with canaries because they are domesticated but not with parrots.