Care and Cleaning of Bird Cage and toys

Hello,I am new to this forum. I am looking for information on what other owners use to clean there parrots cage as well as their toys and perches. I have two birds. They are a Severe Macaw and a Budgerigar. I like to wash down there cages at least once a week. Currently I am using one part white vinegar and four parts water. The toys and perches I am just using water.All suggestions welcome. Thank you for taking the time to read and respond.Eileen

Eileen wrote:Hello,I am new to this forum. I am looking for information on what other owners use to clean there parrots cage as well as their toys and perches. I have two birds. They are a Severe Macaw and a Budgerigar. I like to wash down there cages at least once a week. Currently I am using one part white vinegar and four parts water. The toys and perches I am just using water.All suggestions welcome. Thank you for taking the time to read and respond.EileenI’ve read somewhere about poop off bird wipes. You could look those up?

Hiya there.I wash my birds cage with a pressure washer outside when i just clean it, I use a disinfectant made for cleaning bird cages which I bought from the pet shop. I also use the disinfectant to clean the poop off the perches,

Steam wash. There are very cheap, hand held ones available. Work on cages, toys, floors, windows, kitchen, pretty much everything. Removes dirt and microorganisms, nothing else than water is needed. Best thing ever.

Thank you all for your suggestions. I will look into the disinfectant wipes. They seem like they would be good for quick clean-ups. The steam cleaner is a great idea and I have one already.