Chance is home!

Home and talking a TON. She’s fitting in quite nicely. She’s constantly wanting my attention… I don’t think she likes me typing at my computer, even though her cage is right next to my computer stand.The vet visit went well, also.

Hi;I am glad for both you and Chance. I find it interesting that you don’t think that Chance likes it when you type on your computer. I also have a partner (CAG) in crime and she throws a hissy fit if I answer the phone, pick up the remote for the TV and although she accepts me working at the computer she does not like it one bit. I know this because she bites me whenever I touch these items, she has no intent to hurt me as she doesn’t bleed me and her bites are not too hard to begin with but do get a little harder the longer that I continue to ignore her protesting my use of these items.

Wolf wrote:Hi;I am glad for both you and Chance. I find it interesting that you don’t think that Chance likes it when you type on your computer. I also have a partner (CAG) in crime and she throws a hissy fit if I answer the phone, pick up the remote for the TV and although she accepts me working at the computer she does not like it one bit. I know this because she bites me whenever I touch these items, she has no intent to hurt me as she doesn’t bleed me and her bites are not too hard to begin with but do get a little harder the longer that I continue to ignore her protesting my use of these items.Thanks, Wolf. Haha, that’s funny your CAG throws a hissy fit about the computer… sounds like she is jealous and wants ALL of your attention! My sennie used to bite the f&^$ out of me whenever I talked on my cell phone around her. When the phone rang last night, Chance yelled out a “Hello!” before I answered, it was pretty cute. Chance did nip me when she was on my shoulder last night and didn’t wanna step off when I offered my hand. She eventually stepped-off onto her cage when I commanded her to. An interesting thing that happened: She talked in the middle of the night; it woke me up and I thought it was my husband yelling something. Nope, it was Chance, talking in her sleep (?) at about 3 or 4 AM. I don’t think she’s a “morning bird” as she’s a little cranky right now – I’m definitely not a morning person so nap time will commence later.

Wolf wrote:Hi;I am glad for both you and Chance. I find it interesting that you don’t think that Chance likes it when you type on your computer. I also have a partner (CAG) in crime and she throws a hissy fit if I answer the phone, pick up the remote for the TV and although she accepts me working at the computer she does not like it one bit. I know this because she bites me whenever I touch these items, she has no intent to hurt me as she doesn’t bleed me and her bites are not too hard to begin with but do get a little harder the longer that I continue to ignore her protesting my use of these items.Yes Congratulations GreenWing!I wonder how you discourage this jealousy of inanimate objects? Another person can interact with a parrot but a telephone??

YAAAAAAYYYYY!! Congratulations to both of you!

Thanks, everyone… within the last two minutes (no joke) I have heard: “You’re a good bird” (thank you, Chance lol) “You’re beautiful” (awww) “I like you” (double awww) “Be nice” “I love you” (triple awww), “Hello” “Huh?” “What’re you doin’?” “Okay” and kiss sounds…Dbeguy wrote:I wonder how you discourage this jealousy of inanimate objects? Another person can interact with a parrot but a telephone??I’m not sure. I just learned not to use the phone around Tiki. Chance just yells “Hello” when I pick up the phone

Congratulations Greenwing! Chance sounds like a fun bird. We are all happy for you.It’s funny what they get jealous of. My Corsair sits on my lap and tries to bite the TV remote.

Harpmaker wrote:Congratulations Greenwing! Chance sounds like a fun bird. We are all happy for you.Thanks so much! I’m certainly not lonely, that’s for sure… it’s weird having conversations with a bird Harpmaker wrote:It’s funny what they get jealous of. My Corsair sits on my lap and tries to bite the TV remote. that’s hilarious. Does your bird hate phones, too? Or just the remote? Maybe he doesn’t like TV.

that’s hilarious. Does your bird hate phones, too? Or just the remote? Maybe he doesn’t like TV. I think her problem is that I stop scritches to fast-forward through commercials. And I can’t play games on my cell while she’s out or she attacks that, too. But who needs cell-phone games when you have a silly bird to play with?