Conure or Cockatiel?

So I’m 13 and I really want a bird. I’ve done lots of research on both GCCs and Cockatiels but I just can’t decide. For a little background: I really want a bird that’s playful, can be taught tricks, friendly ( I know this depends on the bird), has a personality (if that makes sense and I know it depends on the bird itself), somewhat cuddly, will just chill with me & I don’t mind loudness but I would rather not have constant screaming. I’m leaning towards conure because I have a minor allergy to dust. I do go to school but I plan to make time for my bird everyday.Please tell me which would most likely fight my wants and if there is another beginner bird that you think would be more suitable I’d love to hear about it. Thanks!
-SophALoaf

Hey! Glad ur doing ur research! As a 16 year old who got a conure late last year without ever have had a bird before I can share my experience:
In terms of choosing a bird, honestly if you feel a strong bond with one whilst looking sometimes it is best to stick with it, obviously not a high level bird like a macaw or african grey but onures and cockatiels can easily be first time pets. My conure (green cheek pinapple varient named Pablo) is actually quite similar to what u want. He is playful, always happy to crawl around me, play with my hands or something else etc but also happy to just chill on my shorts or shoulder and clean his feathers or fall asleep. He can be noisy however has been surprisingly quiet, honestly having lived with a dog (spoodle) I can say a dog makes more noise as they scratch door and bark etc. Pablo likes to take pencils or really anything I am using or give to him, go to an edge, drop it then tilt his head up at me and hints at me to get it.
In terms of tricks he has mimicked about 3 whistle noises/screams (my brother would scream at him and it is earie how similar pitch pablo can match) and pablo goes side to side, up and down when i do to mimic my body. If ur looking for a bird that talks then sorry Conures sometimes talk but many don’t. Keep in mind conures r smart, early on he was nice to lull us into a false sense of security but then their was a few weeks where he was brutal. Biting and just ruining things and doing things I didn’t want, we were warned of this because this is something conures do, they test you to see what they can get away with. In the end I got through and he was a delight! He even started falling asleep in my hand and pockets.
I go to school and do a lot of homework and as I write this on my laptop he is just cleaning himself on my shoulder/neck. Typically 2-3 hours a day is a minimum for spending time with your conure as long as he is in a good place in his cage. Preferably have him next to a window with a view of outside and on nice days (not raining, above 19 but below 33) put his cage outside so he can enjoy the stimulation. Having a nice sizes cage is great as conures don;t do well in the smaller, round cages some other birds do.
One more important note is that conures tend to be family birds, make sure 2-3 or even more members spend time with the bird for some time a day. Because my family didn’t and he loves me, but will attack anyone who tries to take him off me and can be abit aggressive to them.
Another experience I can share is when my grandfather died afew months ago. He was being a little shite so I put him back in the cage, however when i got the news he was the most incredibly well behaved, sad whistling and cuddling to my body bird I had ever seen, same goes for whenever I experience some really sad times.
I’m sorry that I don’t have any experience with cockatiels so maybe wait untill someone who does also posts however as long as you are willing to put in a bit of work (less than I thought it would be) and spent 2-3 hours a day with a conure (and feed him his fruit and veggie) u will have a very loyal and funny pet.
If you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask!