Cooking with stainless steel pots and pans

Since I’m getting a parrot I know that I have to get rid of all my nonstick pots and pans. I have grown up with only nonstick stuff so I have no idea what its like to cook with stainless steel. Is there anything different that I need to do or with just certain foods?

Use more oil. Everything is going to stick.

is it okay to use Tefal pots ?

Isn’t Tefal teflon coated? So NO. All non-stick coated cookware MUST GO.

I use the microwave - toaster oven - George Forman grill.I am in the south (the land of grits). I make grits in the mircrowave. When they are 5 minutes from done I make holes in them and drop and egg in each hole. Poached eggs with grits in one bowl and no skillet.

What about a nonstick spatula that I have? That’s not something that really heats up is that still dangerous?

GlassOnion wrote:Isn’t Tefal teflon coated? So NO. All non-stick coated cookware MUST GO.ops i was feeding my cockatiel yesterday scrambeld eggs made with it but isnt it dangerous only when they get overheated ??

It emitts toxic fumes when heated. Yesterdays eggs won’t kill your bird. Just don’t do it again. They like boiled eggs too. With boiled eggs you can cook more that one. Leave the shell on and store in the fridge.

My wife tells me that the secret to cooking with stainless steel is to allow the pan/pot (and oil if used) to heat up before you add the food; that way it will stick less.

liz wrote:It emitts toxic fumes when heated. Yesterdays eggs won’t kill your bird. Just don’t do it again. They like boiled eggs too. With boiled eggs you can cook more that one. Leave the shell on and store in the fridge.thanks then its stainless from now on