Dear Forum Members

Due to the weather and new commercial fishing regulations i find myself with more free time than i like. I am embarrassed at times to see my name on the last post heading so often.I don’t mean to monopolize YOUR forum, I’m sure things will change soon and often i won’t have time (for weeks and weeks)to participate on here. I also realize that i can be opinionated/ out spoken, hopefully i haven’t stepped on any toes or ruffled any feathers. i enjoy being a part of your forum, please feel free to contact me if you have any gripes with me,i hope i’m more tolerate and understanding in my old age and value your opinions. thanks, and MERRY CHRISTMAS to all, Richard and Jake

Hey its better that someone replies forums then noone. I think its great to get feedback and comments on posts and see different opinions and thoughts, thats what the forum is here for I guess so dont worry. I’m also trying to control myself to not write everywhere or post a new thread everyday, stuck at home with the weather for a bit till business picks up so find myself browsing through this site all day as well incase something new popped up to learn from hehe.

All opinions are welcome here and yours are a great addition to the forum! Nothing wrong with posting a lot. Have you seen my post count?

And I post too much when I’m avoiding getting down to working on something… I definitely appreciate your viewpoint. You have more bird-years than most of the forum members and that counts for something!

captwest wrote:Due to the weather and new commercial fishing regulations i find myself with more free time than i like. I am embarrassed at times to see my name on the last post heading so often.I don’t mean to monopolize YOUR forum, I’m sure things will change soon and often i won’t have time (for weeks and weeks)to participate on here. I also realize that i can be opinionated/ out spoken, hopefully i haven’t stepped on any toes or ruffled any feathers. i enjoy being a part of your forum, please feel free to contact me if you have any gripes with me,i hope i’m more tolerate and understanding in my old age and value your opinions. thanks, and MERRY CHRISTMAS to all, Richard and JakeOh wow, I hate to think of you posting less. I routinely follow several folks who obviously have the experience I am looking for when I am trying to get new info. Just glad you are keeping yourself available for the posters especially the new bird owners. What a great way to volunteer your time to educate folks about their companion birds! You can now officially add “Exotic Bird Enthusiast” to your resume!

While I am sure you would like to be fishing more, I too would miss your knowledge and experience. The way I look at this forum is as a chance for those that have the knowledge and experience to share with those with less experience, to enhance the lives of birds around the world, and the people who love them. Given that viewpoint, I consider your viewpoint and opinions very valuable here, both from an education and “sounding board” perspective. Your advice, encouragement and expertise are, from what I can see, very well respected here. Please don’t feel like you are monopololizing the forum. I for one look forward to your insight. Merry Christmas to you and Jake, and I wish you better fishing weather in the New Year!Merry Christmas to all from Roger and Merlin!

I also appreciate your posts! You’re the most experienced Amazon owner I’ve come across

No need to apologize Richard. Yous contribution and knowledge is appreciated on this board.I think everyone goes through cycles where they are busy and don’t get visit/post as often as they would like. I’m in one of those cycles where its very busy and I don’t get here as often as I would like.

Thank you for all of your nice comments, and once again, Merry Christmas

I think it has more to do with quality of posts than quantity. We don’t really appreciate quantity for the sake of quantity posts. You know? Meaningless posts like “haha, that was funny” or “I agree with you.” But your posts are insightful and well intentioned, so no need to worry about posting too much.