Do birds have good memory?

I was wondering if birds have good memories, like will they remember things or people that they havent seen in a long time. You know, like they say elephants have good memories… since elephants are considered very smart and birds are too… does anyone know if they have very good memory? We were wondering if our Joey for example would remember living outside, or if he would remember the people that he came from and that we caught him and fed him. We often wonder where he came from… Would he remember his old cage even though it would have been almost a year? Ofcourse we dont even know for sure he was an inside bird or an outside bird living in an aviary.Just wonderin…

I raised a Panama Amazon as a pet and kept her for about 6 yrs, when my girl friend threw me out she kept the bird. About 15 yrs later i got the bird back and it was as if not a day had passed, she went back to says things that they hadn’t heard her say in years and she remebered phases and says that we used when she was younger, and of course she was very happy to see me and cuddle even though she was now paired with a mate.Yes they remember.