Do you eat birds?

Yes, I bet my parrot tastes just as good
				69%				

No, I eat meat but not bird
				6%				

No, I'm vegetarian
				25%				

Total votes : 36

I wonder how many of you bird lovers don’t eat bird? What about those of you who do eat Chicken, Turkey, Duck, Pigeon, Pheasant, Ptarmigan, etc… how do you feel about eating something that tastes a lot like your pet? I’m not trying to be facetious, I really am just curious about how people feel about all this.

i don’t like chicken or turkey but i do cook it for my son, his father and the birds love it. i’m actually baking chicken for dinner tonight so i will have 2 very happy birds.i had friends from africa who told me they ate parrots back home they said they were tasty.

Why shouldnt I? They are not the same species.I dont have a problem with eating cows, but I wouldnt eat a dog. I realize that "birds" is a common name, but chickens and parrots arent the same species. I wouldnt ever eat a parrot though, thats for sure!

No, I try to avoid eating most land/air animals especially those conventionally raised. The omega 6 ratio is just crazy and its unhealthy. Plus, I just don’t like it ethically or environmentally.I wouldn’t eat a parrot (unless of course in a survival situation) just because of Jacko. I don’t have an issue with eating parrots or other birds for anyone else, I just couldn’t do it. I eat a lot of seafood instead. Of course, you show up at my door with licking your chops holding a frying pan and we’re gonna have a problem

I gave up eating meat when I was about 9/10 years old, not because I didn’t like the taste but because I didn’t like the thought of eating a dead animal. My dad was vegetarian all his life and grandparents were vegan for a long time until alzhiemers got them at which point they sort of forgot. Very sad because they very much believed in their reasons for veganism, the rest of my family are all meat,fish and poultry eaters.

cml wrote:Why shouldnt I? They are not the same species.I dont have a problem with eating cows, but I wouldnt eat a dog. I realize that “birds” is a common name, but chickens and parrots arent the same species. I wouldnt ever eat a parrot though, thats for sure!I could give you a lost of reasons why you should, and a list of reasons why you shouldn’t much longer. But I will refrain.From what I just said it’s obvious that I dont’ eat meat… and I kind of have a hard time feeding chicken/turkey to my birds… so it rarely happens.

Interesting topic.I’m a vegetarian so I don’t eat birds or any other type of meat (including seafood). I’m not vegan but I don’t eat eggs, either.

Come on, the voting options are not really nice.I eat meat, mainly poultry - I like it, I feel better when I eat mean than when I try to avoid it. I checked the first option in the form, but would never even think of eating Kura :>I also give him some coocked (with no salt or any other seasoning) chicken, because the vet said that it’s fine due to the fact that senegals are omnivorous (of course I know what products he cannot eat, but meat is not one of it).

Neith wrote:Come on, the voting options are not really nice.hAgreed, even though i suspect they are meant to be funny, they add different values to the options as to whats right or wrong. Quite common in discussions regarding this topic, so im sorry to say.

Well I am not sure if I would redily dig into a parrot, but I do eat poultry… including roosters raised here even if I generally do not eat the chickens here but an overpopulation of roosters arn’t nice for anyone so yeah when their big enough I do occationally eat them if I can not find a home for them, but I actually do spend money on ads etcetera to try give them a home before They go into the pan… funny thing tho is that it actually costs more to advertise them as give aways than it costs to get an already plucked bird at the store… Anyways yeah I eat meat even though I prefer beef since I doesnt have to cook it through but can eat it with just a cooked surface… So most of the time I doesnt eat poultry but… if I have to put one down I rather make use of the meat rather than just toss it away…