Do your birds carry things when they fly

Myrtle has started something new. She is starting to carry small toys and chunks of carrot and celery with her when she flys. I thought only birds of prey do that. Rambo will carry things in his mouth when he walks but it is a strange thing to have a bird fly over with a toy.

liz wrote:Myrtle has started something new. She is starting to carry small toys and chunks of carrot and celery with her when she flys. I thought only birds of prey do that. Rambo will carry things in his mouth when he walks but it is a strange thing to have a bird fly over with a toy.Yes, Stitch frequently does this. It can be a toy or a nut, anything really.Usually he flies away with toys if he doesnt want to share (when we play) or to me with food if he feels that he is sitting a bit too far off.

I wonder if that is just amazons. It is so funny. It looks like carrying something in one foot would knock her off balance. She flies like a fighter plane and even turns sideways if I am standing in the door she wants to go through. She ducks under ceiling fans and doorways and has even started playing with one of the dogs (I don’t think Jasmine has caught on to it being play yet). Yesterday she even landed on the floor to walk with Rambo. She is a joy.

Ladu does that. He carries seeds, nuts and sometimes even toys with him when he flies, although if he goes for a fairly long flight, he drops them

That has to be funny watching a little tiel do it.

liz wrote:That has to be funny watching a little tiel do it.Too funny

Mine do not carry anyting, they are generally just trying to get nearer each other.