46%				

Yes, but only seasonally (hormonal)
				No votes				

No, my parrot barely ever bites
				15%				

No, my parrot doesn't bite at all
				23%				

Total votes : 13

Does your parrot bite? Does a square have four corners? I’m asking more about intentional aggressive biting rather than stuff like catching balance, taking a feel, and other beaking that isn’t directed as an intentional bite. Does your parrot bite anyone and everyone? Just other people? Just you? Is the biting predictable or seem completely random? What have you done to reduce biting? Have you been successful? If you have multiple parrots, vote based on what you think is most representative of your flock and then provide details in discussion.

One of mine doesn’t bite me but does my partner. I’ve not known him to show any agression to others such as my boyfriends kids/parents when they come round. Not really sure what option to pick on that basis lol.

Apple does a lot of beak jousting with my finger when he doesn’t approve of my scritching. It’s a mix of lightning speed shallow nips, beak jousting, accompanied with those cockatiel hiss/squeals.

penny does when he’s on me and someone else get’s too close to me he will say"my mommy" and bite them.mya hasn’t bit in months but will grab a finger with he beak when she’s had enough or has to fly off to poop.

Myrtle will bite Rachel, my daughter, when she gets a chance. I don’t know why since she also begs from her. Rambo and Myrtle both chew on me like a teething baby. They don’t hurt. I keep telling them that they don’t have teeth and don’t need teeth on me.

One of the things I love best about Iago is that he has NEVER tried to bite. As a Caique he is very beaky- he likes to test things with his beak and will grab your finger and give a little shake with a scream when he’s irritated with you- but he’s never applied any pressure.We are working on expanding his comfort zones- we have tried lifting wings, playing with feet, kissing and cuddling, wrestling gently with his head and flipping him onto his back…not once has he ever tried to apply any type of pressure. In fact when I flip him onto his back he prefers to grip tight with his claws instead of using his beak- those can hurt but again he’s only holding on.He’s such a good birdie! BTW we need a Caique icon!