Emmi turned 1 today!

On Saturday, we took my step son and three friends out for his 11th bday. Lots of fun and too much money spent later, we went home. I mentioned that the next day, was Emmi’s first hatch day. Yay! Step son started planning her bday…First, she was hand fed breakfast. (Emmi’s responce: This is not happening fast enough kid, stop watching TV and pay attention or the buttons on your shirt are mine…wait, I want them anyway.) Next, she had a dance party in her honor. (Emmi’s responce: You guys have no rhythm. Plus, I see you keep stopping. Now that I like to dance and sing my name, dance parties last for hours. I don’t care if you’re tired and want a break! DANCE AND SING MY NAME! NOW!) After a trip to the bird store for birthday treats, Emmi was presented with her coconut pinecone bday cake. (Emmi’s responce: Get that crap off my cage.)Emmi was brought to the table and was given back the pinecone.(Emmi’s responce: Get that crap off the table.)Now on to bday gifts! Emmi got and assortment of toys!(Emmi’s responce: This is all crap. It belongs on the floor. In fact, I’m going to poop on one so I can better communicate how I feel about this crap.) Then came pictures! (Emmi’s responce: I’m going to hold really still until you snap the picture. Hahahaha!)So I’ve never held a pet birthday and I’m really not the type to do so, but it was interesting. lol My step son was happy about it so that’s all that matters. Hopefully she will warm up to the toys he got her, but I don’t think so. But yes, our baby bird is now a 1 year old and in a few months we will have had her for one year. I will never forget the day we brought her home and the explosion of talking she did in the first few weeks. Or teaching her how to step up. I’m so glad we have her in our lives. Happy Birthday Emmi!

http://s176.photobucket.com/user/aylakai/media/Mobibr0Uploads/IMAG0749_1_1.jpg.html

But I have to say, she’s very good when given the camands “Pay attention” and “wait.” She was so good at holding still for pictures for the most part and holding up her sign. I’m pretty impressed!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMMI !!!

What do owners who have a rescued parrot (thus do not know the date of hatch) do for Birthday? I guess that the day when they came home to you would be appropriate. Anyone come across this problem?BTW: Happy B-day Emmi & many many more!

Happy Birfday, Emmi!

Happy Hatchday, Emmi!

Dbeguy wrote:What do owners who have a rescued parrot (thus do not know the date of hatch) do for Birthday? I guess that the day when they came home to you would be appropriate. Anyone come across this problem?BTW: Happy B-day Emmi & many many more!Any date you pick is a good date! I’m sure most would pick the first day home. It is a rebirth of some type. Start of a new life! And thanks everyone!

Yay, happy birthday, Emi!Peanut’s birthday was in May, on the 4th. Do you know anybody who shares Emi’s hatchday? One of my friends shares Peanut’s hatchdate, I think it’s funny. :slight_smile:

Kinda. My grandmother turned 91, two days later my step son turned 11, and two days after that Emmi turned 1. My step son who loves math, was excited about this because they were all born two years after each decade. I guess this puts them in a group of some sort, some kind of secret club. I keep expecting my step son to show up with members only jackets for all of them. Lol