Good birds around CT - NY

I believe Micheal lives somewhere in new york I think Brooklyn but if anyone else lives in CT or NY that wants to reccomend a specific breeder or a pet store that actually takes care of their birds. In one of Micheal’s videos I saw that the birds were pretty tame with him, I was wondering if anyone knew where that was. I would really like to know. The pet stores down here are very crappy and the birds always come out to be very aggressive. My friend bought a bird and he died only weeks later (don’t know why but we never buy from there again). So we don’t mind going the extra hour/hour and a half if there are some good stores/breeders.Any ideas? Anything would help!I’ve checked craigslist constantly a long with Kijijii. Nothing in my price range/bird type shows up. Oh and I’m looking mostly for conures or senegals.Thanks!

does it have to be a breeder/petstore or are you open to adoption? you can go to lovemyparrot and adopt a bird for a small adoption fee.

pennyandrocky wrote:does it have to be a breeder/petstore or are you open to adoption? you can go to lovemyparrot and adopt a bird for a small adoption fee.I don’t mind adopting, I would have to make a trip there and its not far but I am still looking for young birds. If they have then great I’ll give them a call tomorrow, but I am still open to other places Thank you!

i believe the adoption fee is around 250.since she’s not selling for profit she’ll find the perfect bird for you.i adopted my ducorps cockatoo from her.

I hate the bird store that is in Michael’s videos. Macaws are housed in the same room as cockatoos, which can seriously make them sick due to dust… Not to mention how there were no perches and all the birds were either in an aquarium or perched on its top. The whole place was like a factory with tons of crowded birds in inadequate conditions, not a loving environment that it should be.

GlassOnion wrote:I hate the bird store that is in Michael’s videos. Macaws are housed in the same room as cockatoos, which can seriously make them sick due to dust… Not to mention how there were no perches and all the birds were either in an aquarium or perched on its top. The whole place was like a factory with tons of crowded birds in inadequate conditions, not a loving environment that it should be.I totally agree. There were also small birds in the same room with large birds and the large birds would have been able to kill them.

I hope Michael will correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe he said once that the birds actually live in cages in separate rooms but they bring them into the room with all the aquariums during store hours so the birds can be socialized with each other and people.

Not really. Some birds are in cages and some are out. They circulate them over time but not on a daily basis. There are pros and cons. The pros are that the birds are more hardy and socialized.

I think its called for birds only-pet lovers USA in mineola,ny

I would seriously suggest checking out Fauna. It is in Manhattan on 87th between Broadway and West End Avenue. Here is their site:http://www.faunanyc.com/They really are amazing and take excellent care of the birds. I’ve never seen a pet store do it so well.There is a bird rescue in Queens and I believe one on Long Island. There is also one in Wilton, CT. And another in Lancaster, PA. I’m sure there are many more too.

http://www.faunanyc.com/