HAPPY MOTHERS' DAY!

To all the mothers and daddies that also ‘mother’ their birds!As usual with my holidays, I celebrate more than just one day so I had a great Mothers’ Day yesterday in upstate NY, and I am having another one today. My husband got up at 5:45 am to do the dogs and cats for me so I could stay in bed (but I got up at 7 because my daughters started calling at 6 am and, besides, he can’t do the birds and I was feeling so guilty they were still in their cages when it was already bright). Later today, more kids and grandkids are coming over…I hope every mother is having a great day!

Happy Mother’s Day to you Pajarita.No mine was not good. My daughter went to NC for a one week stay but is still not back and it’s going on 10 weeks. She has known for a month that I have a surgery scheduled for 6 am tomorrow but waited until this morning to start the trip and had mechanical problems.The VA reserved and paid for a room in Gainesville so I could be less stressed for my surgery. Thanks to my daughter I will have to get up at 3 am to leave by 4 am and get there in time.The biggest stress is the animals. I gave Jake the boxer his supper and a bowl of dry for his breakfast. I filled 5 of the 5 gal water buckets and put out two bales of hay for the horses. Aunt Betty can take care of the cats, inside dogs and make sure the Amazons don’t starve. They always beg from her anyway. If she ignores Rambo he will just go take it from her plate. Then there are the cockatiels. I hate to say it but they won’t get grain in the morning. I filled their tray with enough seed to feed them for 2 days in case I can’t get back to them and gave them 3 one pint chick waterers. I think I have them all covered.

Happy Mother’s Day, Pajarita!!! liz wrote:No mine was not good. My daughter went to NC for a one week stay but is still not back and it’s going on 10 weeks. She has known for a month that I have a surgery scheduled for 6 am tomorrow but waited until this morning to start the trip and had mechanical problems.The VA reserved and paid for a room in Gainesville so I could be less stressed for my surgery. Thanks to my daughter I will have to get up at 3 am to leave by 4 am and get there in time.The biggest stress is the animals. I gave Jake the boxer his supper and a bowl of dry for his breakfast. I filled 5 of the 5 gal water buckets and put out two bales of hay for the horses. Aunt Betty can take care of the cats, inside dogs and make sure the Amazons don’t starve. They always beg from her anyway. If she ignores Rambo he will just go take it from her plate. Then there are the cockatiels. I hate to say it but they won’t get grain in the morning. I filled their tray with enough seed to feed them for 2 days in case I can’t get back to them and gave them 3 one pint chick waterers. I think I have them all covered.I’m so, so sorry your day didn’t go as hoped, Liz! Moving forward, I’m sending you well-wishes for your surgery tomorrow and good karma to you, your daughter, and your pets for the next couple days.

Oh, geez, Liz! I am sooo sorry for all your difficulties! It’s bad enough that one has to face the prospect of surgery that to have the worry of the animals as the icing on the cake is not good, not good at all. Shame you are so far away from me, I would gladly take care of your babies if I was near…You must be having your surgery today so I will be keeping you in my thoughts. Let us know as soon as you can how you have fared…