HAVENT FOUND ANY GOOD ADVICE ON THIS SITE ILL EXPLAIN!

The advice I gotten off this site was either an ass chewing or someone saying stuff about how I’m not a patient bird owner!!! Well u folks don’t know me personally there’s a way better group on Facebook called AVIAN JUNGLE!! this kid I befriended has only given me advice for 3 DAYS AND EVERUTHING he has said I’ve noticed an amazing change in my bird!!! So some folks might disagree with this post but just my experience!!!

Believe me, once you’ve owned parrots for years and years, you will come to realize that the impatient rushing during your novice years were either counterproductive or harmful. Patience isn’t everything but it is a huge part of parrot training.

Yes yes Thank you!! I fits lots of patience!!

Well I don’t see that you are getting chewed on other than once where after you talking in several posts about getting rid of your bird you were asked to make up your mind. You were given plenty of instructions on hand taming the bird as well as getting it to step up, but you did not use them. I personally provided a link twice to Michael’s topic on hand taming and getting your bird to step up. That is fine if you like what you find on Brandon’s site, I hope you will be happy.

You say that we don’t know you. Well you don’t know us either.Sometimes we sling information instead of calmly giving it. I know that I and some others are guilty of doing that. It is not intentional it is OUR personalities.This forum is the closest to living in a neighborhood with concerned neighbors. If you cannot tolerate our personalities to get info then it is your loss.We are world wide with the knowledge that is needed or is research to get it. Even a Newby can come in with info that is not considered before. We read and reread and ask questions just in case you know something we have not thought of.

Its just I’ve done all of your advice and it didn’t work but in 3 days of someone else’s advice my bird steps up on my shoulder learned a new word hhmmm that should he u something there!!

Use Brandon’s advice if you think that it is helping you, I hope that it is. If you search the forum you will find that when he has a problem that this is where he comes for the answer. It is possible that the difference is in the delivery or it could be that he is using flooding techniques, which do work to a degree, but they usually backfire on the owner and then you end up with a bird that not only doesn’t trust you but will constantly bite you and we do not recommend any of those techniques. The way that we use is to work with the bird and focus on earning its trust and it has been proven time and again that this is a better way. I know that it can get frustrating to work at the birds pace, but in the long term it is always better. Give it time and you will learn, we all have had to and we have many ,many mistakes under our belts as well. If you feel that going with what Brandon advises you to do is the better way for you, then by all means go with it. Personally, I don’t care who’s advice you use, the only thing that I care about is your birds well being.

Wolf wrote:Use Brandon’s advice if you think that it is helping you, I hope that it is. If you search the forum you will find that when he has a problem that this is where he comes for the answer. It is possible that the difference is in the delivery or it could be that he is using flooding techniques, which do work to a degree, but they usually backfire on the owner and then you end up with a bird that not only doesn’t trust you but will constantly bite you and we do not recommend any of those techniques. The way that we use is to work with the bird and focus on earning its trust and it has been proven time and again that this is a better way. I know that it can get frustrating to work at the birds pace, but in the long term it is always better. Very well put. Spot on analysis.

Well had like 10 people say that my bird since he’s 4 would never bond!! I’m still on the forum here but I work on one thing at a time I’m not flooding by no means!! I only use target training for 10-15 min sessions I have him do a million things at once!!

Even if you do absolutely no training at all, if you treat the bird right and spend the time with it, the bird will bond in most if not every single case.