Help! My cockatiel is having muted chirps

Im a fairly new bird owner and I have a cockatiel about 6mth old. Recently (1wk ago), I went out and came back in the evening, there were a few specks of blood at the bottom of her cage, it had come from her wing. It was clotted so I thought it was alright (vets near my area are really expensive). But recently, her chirps when she is really happy in the evenings, sound muted and not that loud, she is still trying to. But her screams when I go out of the room and others sound alright it’s only her “happy chirps” (not sure what it’s called, it’s the varied tone high pitch chirps when she is happy), please help I’m worried, I’ll bring her to the vet if it’s really dire. she eats well, preens and plays well.

First rule in owning a bird and this may sound harsh but I am only trying to help you. If you have one thought that she may need to go to the vet then you need to take her to the vet. You are her owner and caregiver and she depends on you to love and care for her. The vet isn’t that expensive depending on the issue and maybe they can set you up on a payment plan.

How did her wing get hurt? If you notice blood and don’t have any idea how she is bleeding, then leave a lap on while she sleeps in her cage. She could be having night frights. Please keep us updated and please get that baby girl to a vet. I hope I don’t sound harsh. Keep us updated.

:bird: :heart:

Thanks a lot for your help

1 Like

Not a problem! Keep us updated

It was just her mating behaviour