How many parrots can you have out at a time?

How many parrots can be out but you can still do your own thing?

All
				52%				

19%				

5%				

5%				

10%				

5%				

No votes				

7+
				5%				

None
				No votes				

Total votes : 21

What is the maximum number of parrots (assuming you have several) that you can have out at a time and still be able to concentrate on your own business? Is there a number that if that many are out, there is no way you can take your attention off of them for long enough to get things done? Do you limit how many parrots are out at a time for this reason or do you just assume you will have to devout complete attention to them whenever they are out?Discuss if these parrots are clipped or flighted and how this affects your ability to have many out or not at once.For the poll, vote “all” rather than the number if you can concentrate with them all out (especially if you are just talking about 1). Vote for the number only if it’s less than the number of parrots you own or take out of the cage.

I have all three of mine out (2 budgies, GCC) out daily. They cage and toy swap and play happily amongst themselves. I am generally in the room with them, but I can leave the room for a few seconds and they’re completely content.

All the tame birds can be out at the same time. The current pets can all be on the same play stand or play stand swap at will and there’s no real issues. They just stay away from the parrotlet, but she can’t hurt the others anyway.House rule - no random wandering. All birds must stay on the play stands. Makes it easier to keep track of everyone. All my household pets are clipped. Babies are flighted pre-weaning; so there is some flying around and to some degree difficulty in having them managed out loose. However, they learn to fly from play stand to play stand or onto a person pretty quickly so it’s not too hard to manage.

I checked four but that’s what 's out . Yes they’re all clipped.And a couple would kill each other if given the chance.Maybe Josie will chime in and tell ya.

I can only have both out at the same time if I’m keeping an eye on them or training them. Otherwise Kili starts attacking Truman or Truman starts getting into places. If only one is out, I can usually occupy that parrot with a toy and then go back to doing my own thing. However, when both are out there is so much to keep track of that it is inevitable that I can’t get anything done. For these reasons I usually focus when I have both out or only take one/none out if I need to be doing anything.Both fly so they get into places they shouldn’t be (namely Truman). So placing them on separate perches does nothing because it is only a matter of time before Kili chases Truman off or Truman gets in her way and she attacks him. So giving Truman a toy when Kili is out is pretty useless because within 10 minutes she’ll fly at him and he’ll drop his toy and fly off.Remember that the question isn’t about how many birds you take out at a time but how many you can take out and go about doing your own things without minding them too much attention (like watching TV or going on The Parrot Forum ).

Yes, my answer is accurate. Since I have the no random wandering/flying rule, I can do stuff while they’re all out. For instance, today I had Xavier (IRN), Bubbles (parrotlet), Ducky (sun), Sam (tiel) and 3 baby jendays all out at the same time in the dining room while I did dishes in the connected kitchen. Flighted babies get tired easily so they don’t fly more than a few times back and forth. Our pet birds are clipped.They’re like children - They get scolded for bullying and trying to destroy things they’re not supposed to. If the scolding doesn’t stop them, then the culprit gets to go back in their cage. It’s much more important to them to be out (so it seems) so they usually stop with just the scolding.I generally don’t anthropomophize - but parenting them like 2-3 year old children works for me.

i can easily have both my first otu at the same time, they dont attack each other but thats probably something to with them co existing in the wild.Qwil happily sits on top of my laptop and jango sits on my shoulder lies on his back on my lap or flies back to the top of his cage

My answer is still accurate. All my birds are flighted, and I can do my own thing while they hang out and play. The budgies are scooting around on the floor right now and the GCC is hanging out in their cage playing with their toys. I’m watching tv, on the forum, and paying bills. So none of them have my immediate attention.

I can have both of them out at once and do my own thing. Both my birds are flighted. Kika was clipped by his previous owner ans is still very clumbsy at flying.He has been learning how to fly and thats rather a nuisance. Guus will fly off and Kika wil try to follow. Kika hasnt got the hang of flying yet and will crashland in the curtains or something and be in need of some rescuing. Wel, at least the curtains need the rescue. But usually Kika will either play with the toys on the playstand or fall asleep if I’m not keeping him busy. Guus returns to his cage after 10 minutes og ‘neglect’ and sit there sulking. I dont leave the room when the birds are out. I have three dogs and while I trust my animals for 99,9%, control is better.

ofcourse i just have the one so i´m not sure how much my situation matters but i can have her out and do my own thing, also go into another room for a little while. i will usually stay in the same room though but i can easily watch some tv or go on the parrot-forum withouth her demanding attention