How to Rid of Mold - Bible Style

Here is yet another reason to keep things sanitary and avoid getting mold in your house if you have parrots!33 The Lord said to Moses and Aaron,34 “When you enter the land of Canaan, which I am giving you as your possession, and I put a spreading mold in a house in that land,35 the owner of the house must go and tell the priest, ‘I have seen something that looks like a defiling mold in my house.’36 The priest is to order the house to be emptied before he goes in to examine the mold, so that nothing in the house will be pronounced unclean…48 “But if the priest comes to examine it and the mold has not spread after the house has been plastered, he shall pronounce the house clean, because the defiling mold is gone.49 To purify the house he is to take two birds and some cedar wood, scarlet yarn and hyssop.50 He shall kill one of the birds over fresh water in a clay pot.51 Then he is to take the cedar wood, the hyssop, the scarlet yarn and the live bird, dip them into the blood of the dead bird and the fresh water, and sprinkle the house seven times.52 He shall purify the house with the bird’s blood, the fresh water, the live bird, the cedar wood, the hyssop and the scarlet yarn.53 Then he is to release the live bird in the open fields outside the town. In this way he will make atonement for the house, and it will be clean.”~ Leviticus 14 New International Version (NIV)And if you do get mold, a priest may not be your go-to man. Better to call a mold-removal company!Poor birds…

Well, I could get chicken blood from the market but I can’t release a bird in the field.We are in the rainy season. It rains every day and thunder storms at least once a week. My house has already been hit by lightning which knocked out half our electric and fried the TV.Worse than the electric I have a couple cracks in my roof and did not realize it until the black mold started forming in my living room ceiling. It is strange that you brought it up at this time. We have already found someone to repair it but he wants us to cut a hole and let it dry out first. If a hole is cut my pets cannot be loose in the house. I can open the cockatiel window and seal their door to protect them. Rambo will not like being closed in a room alone. Myrtle considers one room to be a jail. I can block the dogs and cat out during the day and bring them in at bedtime. I will also have to shut off the air conditioner so it won’t spread mold through the house.I wish I had my deck screened in. I cannot board my birds. They have never been alone.Any one have an idea?

There should be vents in the attic to provide air circulation, you could have an exhaust fan installed in place of one of the vents. If you cut a hole in the ceiling and cover it with hardware cloth your birds would not be able to get into the hole, but you would have to keep everyone out of the room until a thorough cleaning was done. I would still worry about mold spores falling into the room, maybe a furnace filter place in the hole just above the hardware cloth.

Wolf wrote:There should be vents in the attic to provide air circulation, you could have an exhaust fan installed in place of one of the vents. If you cut a hole in the ceiling and cover it with hardware cloth your birds would not be able to get into the hole, but you would have to keep everyone out of the room until a thorough cleaning was done. I would still worry about mold spores falling into the room, maybe a furnace filter place in the hole just above the hardware cloth.This is much better advice than killing a bird and letting another one go!

Michael wrote:Wolf wrote:There should be vents in the attic to provide air circulation, you could have an exhaust fan installed in place of one of the vents. If you cut a hole in the ceiling and cover it with hardware cloth your birds would not be able to get into the hole, but you would have to keep everyone out of the room until a thorough cleaning was done. I would still worry about mold spores falling into the room, maybe a furnace filter place in the hole just above the hardware cloth.one go! ]Yes it is. I thought about the filter this morning. It would protect us from spores while it is drying. I don’t have an attic. I live in an extended mobile home.