I didn't think this would be so difficult

Wow, I’m having a hard time trying to find a parrot! I’m wanting this Senegal 8 hours away from me, but he’s willing to meet me halfway. Problem is he’d only be able to on weekends which I always work and he’s also busy with some things. Then there’s a Meyers about the same distance but the breeder is rude, so I don’t even want to go any further with that. Whats frustrating is these are like the onlyyy two breeders I could find locally!So then the next option is to have one shipped. Well, the ones I have found are either adults, breeder pairs, or they don’t ship.I’ve checked the local rescues and craigslist daily, but no Sennies or Meyers It’s also almost Oct. and will be getting cold soon which also gets in the way of getting a parrot.I just had to get on here to rant about this Anybody have the website of the breeder you got your Senegal or Meyers parrot from that ships?

Where are you? Do you live in Never Never Land.I live in NC and there seem to be no others in the forum from here but we even have parrot rescues.

Hmm… does it have to be a Poi parrot? When meeting birds in person, I tend to throw out what I read online and focus on the individual bird’s personalities. Perhaps you could meet a couple birds and ‘broaden’ your horizon?

Nebraska. Middle of the map

GlassOnion wrote:Hmm… does it have to be a Poi parrot? When meeting birds in person, I tend to throw out what I read online and focus on the individual bird’s personalities. Perhaps you could meet a couple birds and ‘broaden’ your horizon?Well, it’s kind of important to me to have a bird more on the quiet side because I live in an apartment. I wouldn’t want to have to get rid of my bird from complaints Unless you have any other knowledge of any other parrots more on the “quiet” side?

Just be aware that even if a species/family is known to be quiet, there are exeptions. With that said, I have 6 Pois and 1 Lovebird in an apartment and never got a noise complaint.

The smaller the parrot the sweeter the noise. Tweetle Dee and Tweetle Dumb make pretty little noises and very cheerful. My tiels chirp, tweet, sing and talk. Rambo and Myrtle are another story. The first time I heard Rambo I thought the woman next door left a kid alone in the house. I actually looked in her window. When I am in the yard it sounds like 2 kids having an argument inside.

Wow Natacha that has to be a lotta noise tho Liz, I’ve seen an Amazon at a pet store before but I didn’t hear it make any noise while I was there. I’ts actually really sad and wrong how they’re keeping it. It’s been there for a while and it’s just in this small octagon enclosure but it’s plexi glass or whatever so it can’t climb or anything for exercise. But anyways we’re planning on meeting up Sunday, October 9th so I’ll have my Senegal very soon!

Is there anything you can do for that Amazon?

Not that I know of unless I bought him but I just spent a lot of money for everything for a senegal so I dnt have the money for him too. I would like an african grey or an amazon someday but I’m not ready for that size of a bird yet. I also don’t know anyone else that likes birds.