I dont like my new re-homed birds name, should I change it?

I got my Illiger’s about two weeks ago. She is three years old. Her name is Dixie. While it is a very cute name I really want to call her something different. I was unsure if it was just too late to change her name since she is 3 or if I could change it since she is in a new place with new surroundings. She knows her name for the most part. Sometimes she won’t respond to it. I just don’t want to stress her out or confuse her. Would it be ok to change it?Oh! btw…the clicker training/target training is working really well. She is chasing the training stick all over the place to get a treat.

…I changed my 5-year-old caique’s name when I got her…

That’s great…I actually already have a name in mind but I am going to keep looking for more namesSo far I like the name Rue.

KristinShaye wrote:That’s great…I actually already have a name in mind but I am going to keep looking for more namesSo far I like the name Rue.I love that name!!! And I wouldn’t worry too much, Galileo didn’t mind at all when I slipped the name-change on her. (Yeah I thought she was a he when I named her…and I usually call her “Gal” anyway, so it works! ) I don’t even think she really noticed, to be honest.

Oh! And great job on the training, by the way, and welcome to your new little fid!!!

Thanks so much for your input! Now I feel better about changing her name. I can’t wait until the day I can actually hold and pet her…that day will be within the year I hope.

I changed the name of my 5 year old female Red-bellied when I got her.She used to be named Stewie, which I really didn’t like, specially for a female bird.I changed it to Pixel, with Pixie as a nickname

Natacha wrote:I changed the name of my 5 year old female Red-bellied when I got her.She used to be named Stewie, which I really didn’t like, specially for a female bird.I changed it to Pixel, with Pixie as a nickname Pixel is a really cute name, I am going to search for some more names but I am more than likely going with rue

…one of my favourite names!

Rue wrote:…one of my favourite names! Mine too!was my tortoise shell cat’s name.Also glad things are going well Kristin!