I really need some help

So hi… I’m not new here and I’ve posted a few messages before and I hope you know I love all my birds and always try to do what’s best for them. But this one is different, because I’m asking for some help for me and not them.Tuesday was a terrible day for me, since early morning I was at the hospital with my grandfather and well… When I got back home around 5pm I found my Rita missing… It was the most terrible, agonizing thing thing that has happened to me in a long long time… I stayed up for hours calling her and trying to find her, then again in the morning with some neighbors… I haven’t been able to sleep for days and there has not been a single moment of any day that I don’t think of her…I tried making posters, in case someone found her in the street and took her, I mean she was clipped and only made short flights so It’s not like she could have gone too far… I’m guessing she was hungry, and came looking for us in the house but since no one was there… She slided through the gate and just walked to the street…Since you guys all have birds, and I’m guessing you love them as much as I love her… I think you understand what I’m going through… I’m desperate, on the edge of depression… I mean, my heart hurts so bad I can barely type this… She kept me company every day, had breakfast with me… I spent two years taking care of her, teaching her tricks and just… I loved her like a child, like my own baby… I don’t know what to do… I can’t stop crying and I don’t think I can move on and just forget about her. Thinking if she is even alive, if someone took her and now she is just in some cage with no attention at all, I’m absolutely sure no one will love her the way I do, and look after her the way I have…Well… I just don’t know what to do so I decided to write this down here, since people don’t really understand how it feels. Saying “it will pass” or “it was just a bird, you have others”… But she was different and special, she was my special bird… There are no words to express how much I miss her, to the point I don’t think I will ever get over this…

Don’t give up! We have a thread on What to do if your bird is lost outside. http://www.theparrotforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=43. Several of our members have recovered lost birds. Good luck! We are all rooting for you. Keep us posted when you can.

http://www.theparrotforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=43

So very sorry but don’t lose hope. Put posters out there with a reward, maybe somebody found her and took her in. Shame she was clipped, though, she would have been much safer if she was flighted.

Oh gosh i’m so sorry! I wish I could help! I know that pain :’( just try not to blame yourself, though it can be hard not to. These things happen. I wish you luck in finding your baby. You’ll be in my prayers.

We all know the way it feels to loose one of our children. You are not alone.Even clipped if the wind caught her she could have gone a good distance. Spread out and even use the newspaper and Face book.