In a bad mood today

So I had arranged to pick up a on Monday from a breeder who was very nice on the phone. Today I texted him to make sure the babies were ready as they were hand fed. He said they were, and we talked about what time I was going to come. He texted me later in the day to tell me the heartbreaking news that someone had came “before me” and already picked up the bird he was supposed to hold for me…? So now I’m on the search for a birdie in my budget…

That sucks. But if it’s any consolation, the kind of breeder that would stiff you like that just for money is likely doing a poor job raising the birds in the first place

Michael wrote:That sucks. But if it’s any consolation, the kind of breeder that would stiff you like that just for money is likely doing a poor job raising the birds in the first place Exactly what I was thinking. I was just really looking forward to getting my bird, but I wouldn’t really want one from someone like him. it’s definitely for the best.

I would tend to agree with Michael’s statement and for that reason alone, if I had any documentation to back me up I would seek restitution and damages for breach of contract.

Wolf wrote:I would tend to agree with Michael’s statement and for that reason alone, if I had any documentation to back me up I would seek restitution and damages for breach of contract.We never really had anything set in stone, we were just going off of the honors system, and he just wasn’t honorable. Before I left for vacation, he said “they should be ready by the time you’re back so you can take one home,” so on said vacation I hardly spent any money so I could go up there and get the bird, no hassle… Yet hassle had increased. But I’m already talking to someone else who is a lot nicer and even considers dropping their price on behalf of my troubles already. His are pearly conures, though. So beautiful

My dear, please consider adopting one from CL or a rescue, the small pyrrhuras are already in overpopulation and you can find ‘given-up’ birds all over the place. They tend to be very needy and people, seeing their small size, think they are like canaries but they start biting when they don’t get hours of attention and are quickly given up through no fault of their own, just a misconception due to their small size.