Intresting birds

http://listverse.com/2013/03/25/10-weir … evolution/Thought this was intresting

I was actually surprised at the number of these that I knew about, at least in passing. The one that did surprise me, probably because I did not know about it is the pronghorn antelope. with as many of them as I have eaten, it really was surprising to learn that it is a relative of the camel instead of the goat. I also did not know about the Palm Nut Vulture, but was not nearly as surprised about it.

VERY interesting! I did not know about there was such a thing as a marine iguana! Another interesting thing about the Hoatzin (the bird that has babies with hands) is that it is not only unique in its genus (quakers are like that, too) but also unique in its family -and I don’t know of any other animal that is like that!

Pajarita wrote:VERY interesting! I did not know about there was such a thing as a marine iguana! They’re technically a division of the Iguana Navy.

I didnt actually know about any of these! I think the vegetarian eagle suprised me the most! Its so pretty too!

Yes, one would never think of an eagle as been vegetarian, right? What is most interesting about them, in my personal opinion, is that they look just like any other eagle on the outside, but they are different inside so they can digest the plant material they feed on.

Very interesting article. I knew about the Kea. Because it lives in a cold climate and can’t eat what other parrots do it has resorted to being carnivorous. They also stay with their parent and are cared for by them for 5 years.