I have seen so many avian vets, spent thousands + thousands and still not got any answers. I was wondering if I could get some advice because this is driving me crazy and it is extremely upsetting seeing my bird being so uncomfortable, irritated and constantly itchy.
- He is 7 years old
- Itchy++++ for >6 months
- Itch seems to drive him crazy - consistently itching + preening (impacting on his sleep)
- Skin does not look dry/flakey but there is white dandruff looking debris that sheds off him and onto my shirt
- Black at tips of feathers
- Feather shaft weak and disintegrates easily - white and flakey
- Diet healthy - boiled + blended veges, fresh fruit + veges daily, small amount of Wombaroo dry mix.
Mood is otherwise normal.
PLEASE HELP !!!