Kids Touching Your Birds

Has anybody ever had a problem with kids say at the park trying to touch your bird(s)? I had a really bad incident with some budgies. A little kid came out of nowhere, grabbed both of them, and threw them to the ground… then he stepped on them! Luckily, he only stepped on their tails so they were okay. Papaya-

If a kid did that to my budgies, I’d step on them back. My 5 year old brother is very respectful of the birds, and would never try to grab them. He’s shown the birds to his friends, and all the did was look and not touch.

I’m afraid I would have ripped the mother up one side and down the other.

I was so mad and shocked! Except the kid was a 2 and I couldn’t really yell at him because he couldn’t really understand me. I did track down his grandfather who preceded to punish them. I didn’t bring them to the park after that. Papaya-

That’s outragoues, but there’s nothing that ya could hav done unfortunately. My brother is quite young amd he loves my cockatiel pets him and respects him.

laducockatiel wrote:That’s outragoues, but there’s nothing that ya could hav done unfortunately. My brother is quite young amd he loves my cockatiel pets him and respects him.Lucky! Even my sisters don’t respect Papaya.P.S. Congrats on wining the clicker!Papaya-

yeah, maybe when there olderp.s thanks

when i lived with parakeets, my friends were too scared to touch (or go near) them! Oh children, ya never know what may happen. (I should know)

my 3 year old loves my conure. she is verry gentle and he absolutely adores her. he will fly off his perch or me to go see her and demand that she pick him up. she is so gently and will put her finder out and say "Step up" then he will climb up her arm and just sit on her shoulder grooming her hair or giving her lil kisses. its incredibly sweet. but she also knows she is not allowed to open his cage or pick him up with out asking. our one year old unfortunetly is too young to understand so we put up a baby gate to he is unable to mess with there cages. he finds them fascinating but is just wayy to young to be "Trusted".

jake 2.jpg (16.56 KiB) Viewed 2401 times

Army.Wifey1990 wrote:my 3 year old loves my conure. she is verry gentle and he absolutely adores her. he will fly off his perch or me to go see her and demand that she pick him up. she is so gently and will put her finder out and say "Step up" then he will climb up her arm and just sit on her shoulder grooming her hair or giving her lil kisses. its incredibly sweet. but she also knows she is not allowed to open his cage or pick him up with out asking. our one year old unfortunetly is too young to understand so we put up a baby gate to he is unable to mess with there cages. he finds them fascinating but is just wayy to young to be "Trusted". jake 2.jpgBoth of them are beautiful and look very happy together.