Learning to use the feet

Rocko is now learning to use his feet to hold things and is now trying to pick up seeds and other things and because this is unnatural for Cockatiels to do he goes kinda off balance when trying to hold things so he will have to learn how to balance.

Yes, it is rare! I’ve never had a tiel that held things in his feet - go Rocko!

Pajarita wrote:Yes, it is rare! I’ve never had a tiel that held things in his feet - go Rocko! Id guess he learned it from Mango as Mango uses his feet for everything whereas Tiko doesn’t use the feet for everything.

That has to be funny to watch.

Oh your story brings back memories, my Lutino Cockateil Cezanne, would try to eat holding her food in one foot because she saw the pois and conures eating that way. She tired so hard and it was so funny.

Here is a funny using the feet that happened today Sunny would not get off Gaugans cage and she kept trying to get him to back up and he wouldnt, so she used on foot and pushed him on the abdomen right off the cage…lol…I have never seen her use one foot like that before.

seagoatdeb wrote:Here is a funny using the feet that happened today Sunny would not get off Gaugans cage and she kept trying to get him to back up and he wouldnt, so she used on foot and pushed him on the abdomen right off the cage…lol…I have never seen her use one foot like that before.Omg lol that would be funny to see

lol…I think I will be seeing it often now. Gaugan is liking to preen him but she likes a lot more independant time than he does and he doesnt want to go…lol It was funny though, I laughed so hard and then Gaugan started laughing too.

ParrotsForLife wrote:Pajarita wrote:Yes, it is rare! I’ve never had a tiel that held things in his feet - go Rocko! Id guess he learned it from Mango as Mango uses his feet for everything whereas Tiko doesn’t use the feet for everything.The gray doesn’t use his/her feet to hold food? WOW, that’s very strange… all the large species do it all the time -at least, that has been my experience.

Pajarita wrote:ParrotsForLife wrote:Pajarita wrote:Yes, it is rare! I’ve never had a tiel that held things in his feet - go Rocko! Id guess he learned it from Mango as Mango uses his feet for everything whereas Tiko doesn’t use the feet for everything.The gray doesn’t use his/her feet to hold food? WOW, that’s very strange… all the large species do it all the time -at least, that has been my experience.She does eat with her feet