Lovebird thinks everything is his!

Hi,Just wanted to see if anyone has experienced this behaviour and if anyone has any ideas to prevent it;My lovebird sucre who is around 1 year old seems to think that everything I’m holding is his! I can be holding anything. phone, remote, book, bowl, plate, Xbox controller. Whatever I am holding and am interested in he will jump on it or my hand and try and push me away. It is cute but can be very annoying, I have to hide my phone if I want to look at it or he will be on it! I think he is trying to show his dominance over me. He reminds me of a toddler lol ( i don’t mean toddlers are dominant btw lol ) Has anyone got any ideas? Please don’t say avoid the situation because that is impossible lol.P.s he is clicker trained, can step up, recall and target. He’s abit of a legend really, some of the things he gets up to crack me up!

maybe he is telling the thing to leave you alone " she’s MINE" demanding little one you have there. lol

He is an intelligent toddler trying to learn what you know. If it is of interest to you it must be something he wants. Myrtle is 2 and still acting like a toddler. She really pushes my buttons at times.

Mashleyaay wrote:My lovebird sucre who is around 1 year old seems to think that everything I’m holding is his! I can be holding anything. phone, remote, book, bowl, plate, Xbox controller. Whatever I am holding and am interested in he will jump on it or my hand and try and push me away.Well it is his! How come he can figure it out and you can’t?