Maybe they should have gotten a hamster?

I’m browsing Kijiji for used furniture for my older kids (both at university, need desks and bookshelves, etc.)…and stopped by the pet sections (which I probably should avoid…lol)…Found this ad:2 Budgies Cage and toyshi i have 2 bugies for sale one is blue one is yellow they’ve been with us for around 2 years reason for selling is because they are very hyper and like to chirp a lot and fly around. they come with their cage ,toys vitamins and the rest of their food we love them very much and hope they go to a loving home thank you. if interested please call (xxx)xxx-xxx. …I don’t understand these ads at all…what did they expect? Good thing they love them so much…

Chirping and flying. Two things I hate about birds. Wait… don’t those two things pretty much define birds? What were they expecting???

Rue wrote:…I don’t understand these ads at all…what did they expect? Good thing they love them so much… yes… i hope we all love our birds just as much as they do

I love my birds so much I’m selling them for $1000. See? the love is in the sale price…people are dumb sometimes…

Rue wrote:I don’t understand these ads at all…what did they expect? Good thing they love them so much… I understand these adverts perfectly! with 100% Clarity. You really can’t help stupidity and that’s all there is to it. We have a neighbor who falls into this category.One of the people that was going to buy one of our babies said she was worried about Green Cheek Conures being loud and didn’t want them making noise too early in the mornings and was worried it could possibly bite etc. All I did was reply to her and let her know that yes they do make noise and will bite if the feel they need to and as such wouldn’t be suitable for her. She contacted me a day later asking if she could put down a deposit on one and I told her know the bird was sold

bmsweb wrote:One of the people that was going to buy one of our babies said she was worried about Green Cheek Conures being loud and didn’t want them making noise too early in the mornings and was worried it could possibly bite etc. All I did was reply to her and let her know that yes they do make noise and will bite if the feel they need to and as such wouldn’t be suitable for her. She contacted me a day later asking if she could put down a deposit on one and I told her know the bird was sold Thank you for being a responsible breeder and not selling one of your poor babies to her! I don’t even want to think of how fast that baby would be re-homed.

I really loved the one on my kijiji today. Reason of selling 2 budgies: they make too much of a mess!!! Can you believe it??? I’d say these people shouldn’t have any pets!!

babydoll101 wrote:I really loved the one on my kijiji today. Reason of selling 2 budgies: they make too much of a mess!!! Can you believe it??? I’d say these people shouldn’t have any pets!!If your like most parronts… you probably always have a" vacuum hose aimed at the cage"as someone put to so well. Thats just how birdies are . If you can’t at least respect that they can make a mess then I don’t know why you’d leave a store with them…If people thought as logically as we do on this forum I doubt there would be as big of a market for parrots and such an art of breeding them would be left to a chosen few.

I wonder if those people have kids…

I just saw a similar ad on kijiji: The guy wants to trade all his birds: "parakeets, cockatiels, finches, a quaker, a green cheek conure and a quaker parrot" (quoted from ad) and his computer for a pair of goats, and a side note at the end for some goat supplies. Good thing he loves them, too, he only took photos of the computer.