MY APOLOGY TO THIS SITE!

I do want to apologize for my last topic about bad advice!! It came out all wrong there is a lot of good advice on here but it was me that was lacking the interaction with my bird and that’s why it wasn’t working I’ve stepped up my interaction with him and we are bonding together well!! Sorry for offending some people!!

I don’t like that people were talking lies about me and saying I come here for all my answers and that all my birds are babies when they are adults.

ParrotsForLife wrote:I don’t like that people were talking lies about me and saying I come here for all my answers and that all my birds are babies when they are adults.'Brandon has experience in 2 baby tiels which are not yet full adults and 1 baby plummie. That’s it. He got one adult lovebird and he couldn’t get anywhere with him’This is what was said, and at least the first part I know is true. You got your teils as babies and they are only 1, you said so in a recent post,Brandon, you are only 16! I am younger than you, but I have just as much experience working with parrots.I work with all sorts macaws and cockatoos every week including my big boy Joey (sulfur who over the 9months I have volunteered have developed a deep bond with. Now, gotta say, he hates everyone normally, but I have worked with him, and I think I have helped him losen up a bit. I can hug him and kiss him and preen him for hours straight) . In fact I worked with these birds from last friday to this monday five hours a day, and will be again this saturday…I would not call my self at all experienced. Yes I have experience, but no where enough to be called a proffessional. You shouldnt take offence in what people say, just laugh and consider their words! And if people laugh at you just laugh with them.Coming here for help is not a bad thing, and trying to handle these kind of problems on your own would be immature, butI must say that I do think it would very be nice for you to give Paj, Wolf and Liz + others that have helped you along the way here credit where is due. There is no such thing as knowing everything about a bird. Everybody goes to somebody else for help, and there isnt anything wrong with that…

Chantilly wrote:ParrotsForLife wrote:I don’t like that people were talking lies about me and saying I come here for all my answers and that all my birds are babies when they are adults.'Brandon has experience in 2 baby tiels which are not yet full adults and 1 baby plummie. That’s it. He got one adult lovebird and he couldn’t get anywhere with him’This is what was said, and at least the first part I know is true. You got your teils as babies and they are only 1, you said so in a recent post,Brandon, you are only 16! I am younger than you, but I have just as much experience working with parrots.I work with all sorts macaws and cockatoos every week including my big boy Joey (sulfur who over the 9months I have volunteered have developed a deep bond with. Now, gotta say, he hates everyone normally, but I have worked with him, and I think I have helped him losen up a bit. I can hug him and kiss him and preen him for hours straight) . In fact I worked with these birds from last friday to this monday five hours a day, and will be again this saturday…I would not call my self at all experienced. Yes I have experience, but no where enough to be called a proffessional. You shouldnt take offence in what people say, just laugh and consider their words! And if people laugh at you just laugh with them.Coming here for help is not a bad thing, and trying to handle these kind of problems on your own would be immature, butI must say that I do think it would very be nice for you to give Paj, Wolf and Liz + others that have helped you along the way here credit where is due. There is no such thing as knowing everything about a bird. Everybody goes to somebody else for help, and there isnt anything wrong with that…What wolf said was I come here for all my answers which is not true sure I learned a lot here but I don’t come here for answers to other peoples problems.And no the first part is not true my cockatiels are almost 2 years old Rocko will be in May.And 1 year old is an adult anyway.And Mango is not a baby plummy he is 2-3 years old.

Pajarita said in not Wolf And you did get your teils as babies, If I recall correctly.

I am 66 now and believe I am older than all of you. I am here to learn from others and I really have on this sight. My little guys would probably been in a world of hurt without Wolf, Pajarita, Chantilly, Seagoat, Cml and … . Some on this forum are so knowledgable that I would never know they were in their teens without them telling.Many of the cockatiels I rescued would probably be dead somewhere if these and the others had not given me the courage to take them on.My little Gimpy was the last one I discussed on this forum before accepting him. I asked for help deciding and they helped me have the courage to take him. I did not know at the time that not only could he not walk and perch some idiot clipped his wings. He was a fat lump of feathers. Gimpy is now a flying and landing on surfaces to join in with the flock. He is happy and that is all I ever expected of him. This forum has also made my life bearable since I am basically a shut in with my 85 year old aunt. Ignoring that parrots are the reason for the forum. I have friends in this neighborhood that I would not have met otherwise.Lets all hang on and learn. Ask a question and get an answer. If you do not agree throw the question back a different way and you may get a response from someone who better understands your question.Yes I have learned a lot and keep learning. Wolf has researched info for me because I was too lazy or busy to look it up myself. I cannot brag enough on the humans here so lets learn and of course BRAG on our babies.I do love to here the bragging as well as the problems.

Chantilly wrote:Pajarita said in not Wolf And you did get your teils as babies, If I recall correctly.I didnt get them as "Babies" yes they were young but I think you mean very young as in like 12 weeks old.And it was Wolf who said I come here for all my answers so your lol means nothing lol.

You guys cut it out. If you don’t I will give you a “Momma talking too”.

liz wrote:I am 66 now and believe I am older than all of you. I am here to learn from others and I really have on this sight. My little guys would probably been in a world of hurt without Wolf, Pajarita, Chantilly, Seagoat, Cml and … . Some on this forum are so knowledgable that I would never know they were in their teens without them telling.Many of the cockatiels I rescued would probably be dead somewhere if these and the others had not given me the courage to take them on.My little Gimpy was the last one I discussed on this forum before accepting him. I asked for help deciding and they helped me have the courage to take him. I did not know at the time that not only could he not walk and perch some idiot clipped his wings. He was a fat lump of feathers. Gimpy is now a flying and landing on surfaces to join in with the flock. He is happy and that is all I ever expected of him. This forum has also made my life bearable since I am basically a shut in with my 85 year old aunt. Ignoring that parrots are the reason for the forum. I have friends in this neighborhood that I would not have met otherwise.Lets all hang on and learn. Ask a question and get an answer. If you do not agree throw the question back a different way and you may get a response from someone who better understands your question.Yes I have learned a lot and keep learning. Wolf has researched info for me because I was too lazy or busy to look it up myself. I cannot brag enough on the humans here so lets learn and of course BRAG on our babies.I do love to here the bragging as well as the problems.Liz I know what your saying I like this forum and learn a lot I just don’t like that Wolf thinks I’m using this forum and coming here for answers for my group which is not true.Some people do be shocked when I tell them my age lol and I do my own research and I learn a lot here and other groups and I’m only training birds 3 years and have lots more to learn and it all comes in time.My birds are well trained and I worked a lot to make them tame and friendly.

So what is wrong with coming here for answers. I am always asking questions and sometimes getting answers I did not want but turned out to be right.I have a question right now and will accept answers from anyone who has an idea. Gimpy can now fly but has only gained courage in the flock. How do I get him to wash his dirty butt without scaring him. He does not bathe on his own and would probably be afraid of the spray.These humans are even merciful to me since I can’t spell or remember who said what. I am in other forums but this one rules.You don’t have to answer in this thread and mess it up. You could answer in one titled Dirty Birds.