My cat thinks shes a parrot, LOL

I just thought this would be fun to post about. My partner actually gave me the idea the other day when she said that my cat is just as bad as a parrot. Obviously I know cats are a lot simpler than parrots, but its just funny how neurotic, loud, messy, and clingy this cat is.She was actually a rescue, and she is fourteen (twelve when I rescued her), she was badly abused so I never thought she would become THIS clingy. I am perpetually waking up at 5:30am, not because i have to get to work or classes (I used to sleep untill 10:30am). My cat (who insists on sleeping in my bed) decides that its time to start her “flock call”. She screams directly in my face…and I don’t mean meowing, I mean some kind of death howl/gurgle that even my mother can hear all the way across the house in her bedroom. I tried letting her leave the bedroom when she started this, but to no avail. She continues to scream outside the door until I get up, feed her, and play with her. Then comes the messes, she insists on chewing apart house plants (which then make her get sick all over the carpet, so we got rid of the plants awhile back), and plastic bags. Sometimes we come home to find them strewn all over the house. Her eating is messy as well, she can’t seem to keep her food inside the bowl and we have to wash the area she eats in after every meal. She is picky with her food too, it HAS to be in a certain bowl, and it has to be heated up or else she won’t touch it. Now for the clinging. God forbid I leave for the night or for the weekend, because she wanders around the house at night howling her lungs out when I go away. She also insists on coming to the bathroom with me, and being on my lap wherever I sit down. Was this cat a cockatoo in a past life by any chance? But all in all, I love my neurotic, messy, clingy cat, and I’m sure she gave me a little training for when my baby arrives home. I wouldn’t trade her for a million dollars.

Minus the flying and talking part I think I’ll stick to parrots

Hahaha, I don’t blame you Michael! In fact, my kitty got returned to the shelter by two previous adopters because of her behavior. But like I said, wouldn’t trade her for anything.

I guess you will have to treat her like a parrot. Before you leave put treats in paper lunch bags and hide them. Put toys in cardboard boxes. You can attach dangling toys from under the dining room table.LOL

liz wrote:I guess you will have to treat her like a parrot. Before you leave put treats in paper lunch bags and hide them. Put toys in cardboard boxes. You can attach dangling toys from under the dining room table.LOLAnd a cage, too.

I don’t close cages.

Very pretty cat. You know what they say “dogs have owners, cats have slaves” Congrats, you are a very good cat-slave. I have 2 cats, one of which is also a bit uppity. Dont know where they get it from, she was also a rescue cat. You’d think she would be grateful for being given the good life, but NO, she wants more and she lets us know about it. LOL But I agree, would not change her for anything. She is 14 yrs old and a princess. We, animals lovers of all kinds, really let these little critters into our hearts and home, dont we? Nothing is too good for them, and for the joy they bring, they deserve it.