My other passion

Thought I would share my other passion and interest some pics of my snakes I used to keep and breed.Female jaguar carpet Python unusually light for jag as they are normally more bright yellow it was possibly a caramel Female jag sibMale zebra carpetMale bumblebee royal PythonFemale normal royal python Male red tailed boaThis is only a very small selection of the snakes I owed

Snakes give me the creeps but to each his own.But I just want to warn you about snakes and parrots. Not too long ago I read a post about someone who kept a snake in an aquarium in the same room as their parrot’s cage. One time they either didn’t cover the tank properly or something happened but the snake got out. That was the end of the bird. So if you do have a passion for snakes in addition to birds, go for it. But please keep them entirely separate and be very careful.

Michael wrote:Snakes give me the creeps but to each his own.But I just want to warn you about snakes and parrots. Not too long ago I read a post about someone who kept a snake in an aquarium in the same room as their parrot’s cage. One time they either didn’t cover the tank properly or something happened but the snake got out. That was the end of the bird. So if you do have a passion for snakes in addition to birds, go for it. But please keep them entirely separate and be very careful.Im still actively involved with reptiles but I longer keep them at home so birdies are perfectly safe.Birds are a natural prey item for a snake so in answer to your comment I’m more than aware of the risks they pose to a bird

they are beautiful. my son “koldthumb” morfs ball pythons. he is known world wide for his designs. when he moved in a cold January he needed a place to keep them warm for a month. so guess who’s bedroom had 50 pythons.

Here’s some more reptiles I’ve owned in the past Bearded dragon eggs unlike bird eggs you don’t turn them turning actually kills embryo inside this was a homemade incubator made from polystyrene box,heatmat and thermostat out of 22 eggs 19 hatched 3 were infertileJust out of the eggA few days old being a responsible breeder I alway provided a full care sheet and after care were neededThe parents

Many years ago, both my sons liked snakes. My husband (at the time) hated snakes with an irrational fear. In Canada…garter snakes, for crying out loud, he would go out of his way to kill.When my sons were young, preteen I would say, they both were still asking for a pet snake. We agreed on a lizard as a compromise, ‘the husband’ did not seem to fear lizards as much.I researched as much as I could at the time without internet in our area, and decided that bearded dragons sounded like the perfect lizard for our situation. THEY ARE COOL ! Yes, POGO (short for pogona vitticeps which my son chose) was a very cool reptile, I enjoyed him as well. Later we got an Iguana for my second son and she too was awesome. Unfortuneatly she ended up dying of being egg bound. very sad but in rural Ontario their were no vets that could help. And it happened so fast, from the time she began laying eggs, in copious amounts, within a week she was gone. a few years later my son got a California King snake, and when he went off to university I became caregiver to it. I knew that there was always a chance I may be bitten, but knowing that I went ahead and handed it to keep it tame. I could tell it was more afraid of me than I was of it because it would POOP each time I picked it up at first. and OHHHHHHHHH the stench of that snake poo !!!All animals are great and interesting. Each has their own intrigues and drawbacks and each appeals to different people in their way. I appreciate and respect all animals, but I would not feel the need to house every one, lol. However, even if It was one I did not particularly feel drawn to, ( like Wolf and cats) If I saw one in distress I would try to help it.

One of the most common questions I would get asked are the poisoness my answers would always dunno I haven’t tried eating them if your asking if they are venomous then the answer is no.Which would always be followed by have you ever been bitten and the answer to that is yes several times especially when you keep carpet Python they are little sods for it, I once received a nasty bite from a 4ft boa which left teeth imbedded in my hand despite all this it never ever put me off.

Bites. yes. no matter what you choose to keep there is always a chance of getting bitten. You cannot be AFRAID, that only makes it worse, but whatever one decides to have or keep as a ‘pet’ One needs to be aware and know beforehand howthey should react.

Wow! That rodks, they are SOOO pretty!!!I just admire Jungles!My brother has a spotted python and my dad a diamond and I have two beardies.The snake are wonderful. very docile.The lizards however… they are much more work than Tilly. (a lovely personality though)You have some really nice colours in them! they are beautiful! It must have been pretty hard to give them up. Is a royal python the same as a ball python? Do you still have berded dragons Kakarika? Yeh, its funny when people ask that. But everyone seems too!also Toggsy, may I ask for your help? My male is strarting to attack my female, what should I do? His not hurting her I dont think, but his getting aggressive towards her. They are in a 90x60x45 tank which is minimum for an adult. So I’m going to have to sell soon one sadly. (I cant fit to tanks in my room, and Mum dosnt want me to keep both of them) but i havnt had them for a full six months yet so i cant sell yet I think selling really is the only solution. Also nobody likes the smell.They are eight months, and going well on greens, pellets, and crickets,worms ect:They are a cross between eastern and central. (barabata and vicceties??) I will post a pic so you can see size comparison.Thx:)

Marley my big boy chillin in his harness.		
	Yeah I put Mira on ham so It was easier for you to see size comparison.Their heat source recently broke so they now dont have any(they are native to here though..) , but they do have an 18in 5.0 UVB tube. Sorry this isnt quite bord related...