I have owned different kinds of parrots since I was a young boy but never have come across a bird like my Charlie. I got him when he was 15 years old and have to say from day one he was weird, but in a good way. Here are the things I find so weird about him:
- He has zero cage agression. This shocked the vet and me as well.
- He does not bite, ever. The lady I got him from said he has never bitten anyone.
- He does not know how to fly, which I have never heard of. The vet says he is capable but must have never been fledged properly. Patagonians also burrow in mud so they are fond of the ground.
- He is terrified of heights and gets upset if he is lifted higher than shoulder height.
- He makes bizaare noises that I have never heard another parrot make. He makes a clicking noise like the electronic sound a virtual keyboard makes when you type.
- He is a dancing fool! If he hears anything that remotely sounds like music, he is total boogie nights.
- 9pm is bed time period! Lights out, no noise or he goes on an ear busting tyrade.
- Never close the blinds, he must have his view outside.
- He flips his head at you and that is his way of telling you off if you ignore him.
Is this normal for this species of parrot? I have never seen a patagonian conure before, only the standard sun, nanday, green cheek, etc. and he is nothing like them.