Name a Jardine's

So, I take forever to name a parrot because I want the perfect name and you have to get to know a personality before you can know for sure. The Jardine’s is very sweet and a bit of a velcro bird. He always wants to be on somebody and will fly all over the apartment looking for somebody to land on so he won’t be alone. He’s also very clumsy. He’s constantly falling off of his perches or tripping over his own feet if he’s walking around. I’m unsure if it’s because he’s a baby and I can’t find much info on Jardine’s to determine if it is common for them to be clumsy. Anyway, I’ve got a narrowed down list of names and I’d love opinions. Criteria are that it’s a cool name and it’s after a cool character from film, t.v, song or literature. Also, suggestions are welcome. My other two birds are Pippin and Nicodemus. Renfield - from Dracula but also an obscure reference to Xander from Buffy. Hoban - as in Hoban “Wash” Washburne from FireflyHieronymus - Charlie Hieronymus Pace from Lost (would probably need a cute nickname for this)Arthur - Arthur Dent Desmond - Desmond Hume from LostHeywood - Heywood Floyd from 2001I’m also still searching for that perfect name. Poor little guy is never going to have a name at this rate!

I like Arthur. Too bad you already have a Pippen as that would work! Sam? After either Gamgee or Merlotte? McCoy after classic Trek. Hmmm…

Oooo, cool criteria! I like Arthur & Haywood and McCoy. Deckard - from Blade Runner (or literature: Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep)Scout - To Kill a MockingbirdSagan - as in Carl (figured you might be a sci-fi buff)Bottom - the ass from A Midsummer Night’s Dream (he’s my favorite character in the play and adequately naive & goofy)or on a lighter note Ferris - Ferris Bueller’s Day OffNot sure if my film/literature choices qualify as “cool” but here they are none the less!

I think Heywood has a nice ring to it… I think it made it to one of my animal-name short-lists at one point too…

Rue wrote:I think Heywood has a nice ring to it… For the bird’s personality I agree! Heywood sounds so fun and goofy!!!Or Reno after the character from FF7, he’s kinda like him… …My youngest daughter’s name is Aeris Rose, if that tells you anything about my obsession for that game…until Advent Children completely RUINED IT. end dorkish reveal

I considered Samwise but he’s a bit too serious and Sam Merlotte is not real goofy either. I like Ferris - I did grow up in the 80’s after all! As for Heywood, my husband loves 2001 but I’ve never been much of a fan. I find it difficult to sit through. I do kind of like Heywood as a name though except that I’m constantly saying “Hey! Stop that!” to the birds. Wonder if it would get confusing. I think Arthur is the current front runner unless I find some perfect name that has been alluding me. I just know I’m forgetting some amazing character that I love. Personality wise, Wash from Firefly or Arthur Dent are the best fits. Here is a geek reveal so you won’t feel so along- I had Star Wars referenced and played Star Wars music at my wedding…

pchela wrote:Here is a geek reveal so you won’t feel so along- I had Star Wars referenced and played Star Wars music at my wedding… We used…um…FF7…music… And did a dragon/phoenix theme.BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Reno is a no too? Boo! Don Corneo? lmao…Wait best one: Bughenhagen. Name mission SOLVED.

Azure Hanyo wrote:Reno is a no too? Boo! Don Corneo? lmao…Wait best one: Bughenhagen. Name mission SOLVED. OMG! How did I overlook Bughenhagen all this time?

‘Bugs’ makes for a cute nickname…