Naughty zoo parrots!

Hi all,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3qbVAdARf8I came across this video online and it got me wondering, does your parrot know any curse words?

That video actually makes me sick. People shouldn’t teach their birds to say that. I know that there are a lot of birds who say shut up. Owners can’t handle their screaming and tell them to shut up. The birds see how enthusiastic the owners are saying it, and they begin to say it.I think it’s rude.

zazanomore wrote:That video actually makes me sick. People shouldn’t teach their birds to say that. I know that there are a lot of birds who say shut up. Owners can’t handle their screaming and tell them to shut up. The birds see how enthusiastic the owners are saying it, and they begin to say it.I think it’s rude.ours at work is knock it off and cut it out! a fellow employees macaws say enough! lol

zazanomore wrote:That video actually makes me sick. People shouldn’t teach their birds to say that. I know that there are a lot of birds who say shut up. Owners can’t handle their screaming and tell them to shut up. The birds see how enthusiastic the owners are saying it, and they begin to say it.I think it’s rude.I second this opinion. Anyone who would teach their parrots (intentionally or otherwise) to speak rudely or crudely fails to appreciate the beauty & wonder of parrots.

Personally, I think what you teach your bird to say is your business… it is highly unlikely the parrot will really understand the cuss word, just the fact that it is something said with great emphasis in certain circumstances. So it isn’t as if you are corrupting the bird. The one reason I would caution against it is that it can make it harder for the bird to find a new home down the road, should that become necessary.

You wouldn’t teach your toddler to say a swear word. Certainly, a toddler doesn’t understand cursing. I guess I’m a bit touchy on the subject because I do have a 5 year old brother.

My biggest concern is for the health of the parrots. What happens when they get ahold of the recorder and use it as a chew toy? I can’t imagine batteries and the other components are bird safe… Also, my Amazon does know how to swear. Thankfully he doesn’t do it very often since I’ve cleaned up my language but he will still say inappropriate things on occasion. I really don’t have a problem with it. I wouldn’t encourage a parrot to have really foul language because it may make it harder for it to be rehomed if it was necessary.

I don’t think it was the parrot’s voice. It sounded like a fake recording.

It wasn’t the parrots. I think the point was to sneak the recorder into the cage to make it sound like the parrots more than teach the parrots to say those things.

my cousin taught my lorikeet to say shut up …not on purpose… but now my lorikeet screams and then tells him self to shut up…its cute the first few times